We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacuare River Rafting Water Level

San Francisco Bay...
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Pacuare River Rafting Water Level

I am going to be in Costa Rica for the second time this year (lucky me :) ) and we are starting off our trip with a one day river rafting excursion on the Pacuare Rive on December 30. All tickets are bought, so my only question is : How will the water levels be on the river at this time of the year? Has anyone been on it very recently? I know that things can change....but was hoping to get a basic understanding....

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,147 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pacuare River Rafting Water Level

SOME times at the end of December ...we still have some good rains around Turrialba hills...that make Pacaure offer a great volume of water...BUT...hard to guarantee...I drove by Pacuare yesterday...and the river looks very low!

roadadvisor

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pacuare River Rafting Water Level

Yeah, it should be good... but not usual rain patterns.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pacuare River Rafting Water Level

Will be riding this 2nd week of January. Typically how is the water level at that time?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,147 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pacuare River Rafting Water Level

Dry season...low volume of water...great weather...so much fun even with not plenty water...

roadadvisor

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,523 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pacuare River Rafting Water Level

December is typically a transition from wet to dry season, so it could be any level really.

Water level is dependent on the previous days' rain, so there's no real way of knowing this far in advance.

We've gone twice in February--once in typical dry season low water conditions, and once after a week of heavy rains, with very high water. Worthwhile either way.

GRENOBLE
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Pacuare River Rafting Water Level

Is winter 2012 2013 specially dry for rafting and kayaking (river levels)?

7. Re: Pacuare River Rafting Water Level

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, January 16, 2014