Last minute questions!
I've been trying to figure out an itinerary but finding it so difficult to figure out exactly which places we should go and how far we can reasonably travel and not waste an entire day.
Nov 23: Fly into SJ - shuttle to Arenal
Nov 24:Arenal ziplining/hot springs
Nov 25:Arenal rafting / rappelling
Nov 26:Arenal --float to--> Samara
Nov 27:Samara or Nosara? (kayak / surfing / turtles tour?)
Dec 1: SJ museums - fly home
My problem is right in the middle on the 28-30th. We are way the hell out in Samara, but do not want to spend the rest of our trip lazing around on the beach. I would love to go to Manuel Antonio NP, Monteverde, Corcovado, Tortuguero and see some wildlife, but I am not sure whether this is feasible. We would have to spend all day Nov 28 driving a rental car which we could do, but it'd be wasting almost a full day.
1. Is Tortuguero worth visiting at this time of the year? The turtles are not laying eggs or hatching right now, correct?
2. Is Manuel Antonio or Monteverde better?
3. How would a group of four people most economically travel long distances in Costa Rica?
4. Would you stay in Samara or Nosara?
5. If we rent a car and drive from Samara to Manuel Antonio, is 4-wheel drive absolutely necessary (It's really expensive!!)?
Other ideas or suggestions are very much appreciated.