We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Costa Rica Now...Reviews?

Chesapeake...
7 posts
Travel Costa Rica Now...Reviews?

Hi,

I came across TravelCostaRicaNow and have been in touch to get help planning my vacation as they now help put together trips for you. The guys that created the site seem to tell it like it is when it comes to different places to stay and things you can do along as they've been traveling all over the country to give people the low down on traveling there with videos and blogs. So, I wanted to find out if anyone on here has gone through them in regards to booking an itinary with them for a visit & get some reviews? Since I'm trying to go between several different places having help with the in between transportation is a big help! My boyfriend is a little leary of booking with an agent in another country as he's not done it before so i'm trying to find some reviews out there. Can anyone help? It defiantely seems worth booking through an agency when going to a place like Costa Rica but want to make sure i can reasssure him and myself that its a legit group and we wont have to worry about losing our money. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,274 posts
44 reviews
24 helpful votes
1. Re: Travel Costa Rica Now...Reviews?

I am not familiar with the company, try doing searches in the forum and online for reviews, maybe someone will chime in who knows them.

Pretty easy to plan a trip here on your own, there are also several good agencies to choose from. Here is my list and there are many more if you do some forum searches.

Horizontes – http://www.horizontes.com/eng/ - Very green company, offers packages, involved with community programs, good company & good folks

Crreferals – http://www.crreferrals.com/ - Good for custom planning, has packages, involved with animal rescue, good company & good folks

Actuar - www.actuarcostarica.com/app/cms/www/index.php Off the beaten path rural tourism, involved with community programs, good company, good folks.

Caravan – http://www.caravan.com/ - Best for larger group tours up to 30. Excellent reputation and well respected. Awesome at what they do.

Costa Rica Expeditions – www.costaricaexpeditions.com/wl3/index.php - High end trip planner, owns some of there own lodges, has won many awards, great reviews in the forum.

Other companies from TA forum - tripadvisor.com/Travel-g291982-c117989/Costa…

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
54,101 posts
122 reviews
23 helpful votes
2. Re: Travel Costa Rica Now...Reviews?

I have never heard anything good or bad about them...nothing at all...that does not mean they are not good people just that I do not them...check if they are register with ICT the Costa Rica Secretary of Tourism...if they are that is a good indication that they are professional people that took the time to file for a license to sell travel itineraries to Costa Rica...

roadadvisor

Curridabat, Costa...
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Travel Costa Rica Now...Reviews?

They're pretty popular on YouTube under iCostaRica24.. they seem legitimate.

Wrangell, Alaska
Level Contributor
581 posts
69 reviews
46 helpful votes
4. Re: Travel Costa Rica Now...Reviews?

What areas are you planning to visit? You can always use places that people have reviewed in that area as being very good.. When in doubt if it is a larger company that does all of Costa Rica they probably will take credit card payment which should protect your trip.

I agree with road advisor..check their listings. If all checks out they are probably just fine. When you get back be sure do do a review for them as well as for your hotel and tours! :)

Wrangell, Alaska
Level Contributor
581 posts
69 reviews
46 helpful votes
5. Re: Travel Costa Rica Now...Reviews?

by the way..LOVED their video on their website! travelcostarica.com

Very informative.. they look like a fun crew!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
11 helpful votes
6. Re: Travel Costa Rica Now...Reviews?

Hello, from our recent experience (April 2013), I would think twice about using them. We just found the rep that we dealt with was 'lacking". The follow-up was horrible and there were a few pieces of misinformation. If you can, research on your own as much as possible about different areas of interest and book the trip yourself. If you choose an agency, try to get a much info as possible about them and make sure they are legit. There are too many scams out there. This is not to say we had a bad trip--the trip itself was excellent (Tamarindo) and the hotel they recommended, thank goodness was very good. Again, it just felt that I was doing all the follow-up and questioning too many things. There was no follow up even after the trip asking how things went, etc. Personally, I wouldn't use them again.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
54,101 posts
122 reviews
23 helpful votes
7. Re: Travel Costa Rica Now...Reviews?

Thank you Jon...F...to me is alwyas suspicuos when I read...that a tour operator or a foreign Travel Agents advertise as we have been in Costa Rica dozen times and we know the whole country...what a jokers...I have had been driving and visiting my country in a personal basis and as a tour operator and Traveal agent for well over 45 years...and in no way I can said I know the whole country...

When ever you read that...find somebody else!

roadadvisor

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
190 reviews
74 helpful votes
8. Re: Travel Costa Rica Now...Reviews?

Michael Alan & D'Angelo have been living here for 7 years and just this week replaced the person that was doing all of their bookings as they were not doing the job to their expectation. I know this because a friend of mine who's been here for 13 years just took over and he's amazing! The guys absolutely tell it like it is (good, bad & ugly) and they go explore all the time, that's what they do...they travel around and make videos about it! They are 100% legit. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. :-) If you want a larger company, I'd suggest Pure Trek Costa Rica who I work with all the time (www.PureTrek.com) and they do a first class job!

Edited: 10:13 am, April 27, 2013
Seminole, Florida...
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
12 helpful votes
9. Re: Travel Costa Rica Now...Reviews?

been to Costa Rica 5 times for two week trips. my first trip was in 1990. just do like I did. get a guide book and a rental car and "just do it". Lonely Planet is a good one. I liked "New Key" for my first trip. it[s really a cake walk. head to Nicoya Peninsula ,,,,,Montezuma first and get a feel for the BEST. and then start moving around towards the north. towards the volcano. I don[t recommend the Carribean side.not to say there are not some great folks there.. you don't have to speak Spanish, although it helps in the more rural areas. any way,,,enjoy. I am researching these guy's website. I have watched some of their Youtube stuff. they seem legit. BUT GUESS WHAT!!!! I am going to wear a "Safari outfit" just because they told me not to....I get the feeling they are helpful but arrogant. I don[t know them, but I don't like them so far. maybe after a few beers! I am jealous that they live in C.R. !! but please don[t rub it in....

10. Re: Travel Costa Rica Now...Reviews?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 18, 2014