We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sibu Chocolate Tasting/ Tour?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Sibu Chocolate Tasting/ Tour?

Hi!

I haven't found any mention on the TA forum about visiting Sibu Chocolate in Heridia. I think that they offer kind of a tasting/tour of their chocolates and wondered if anyone had done that, what they thought and waht the cost might be.

Thank you!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sibu Chocolate Tasting/ Tour?

It is a great tour, however they have a minimum of 10 people to operate their tasting/tour of their chocolates and lunch. It is in San Isidro de Heredia aprox 1 hour each way from your hotel in Alajuela (Depending on traffic). You can write to them and see if they can do it with less people maybe even without the lunch: info@sibuchocolate.com

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sibu Chocolate Tasting/ Tour?

Thank you, Mike! I am glad to learn that it is a great tour and the drive time! I have an email into them asking those exact questions. I will post what I find out.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,225 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sibu Chocolate Tasting/ Tour?

Dear sparklegem

It is a nice tour...good way to taste our native CHOCOLATE!!

Good idea and is not far from San Jose you can take road 32 and then take the detour to San Isidro de Heredia...

roadadvisor

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sibu Chocolate Tasting/ Tour?

Thank you, Roadadvisor!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,225 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sibu Chocolate Tasting/ Tour?

Moe than WELCOME!

roadadvsior

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sibu Chocolate Tasting/ Tour?

I want to do their tour but am staying in San Ramon the night I arrive and then head to La Fortuna the next day. Is this a crazy amount of driving? (San Ramon to Sibu, then on to La Fortuna after lunch?)

I'm thinking of staying in San Jose instead of San Ramon the first night if it makes it easier, but I'd have to pay to cancel a reservation.

Still - Is driving from Sibu to La Fortuna a very long drive?

7. Re: Sibu Chocolate Tasting/ Tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 08, 2014