We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport Costa Rica Monteverde

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
Transport Costa Rica Monteverde
Save

We are looking for a private van to take us to various places in Costa Rica. I found this company online with reasonable rates. However, the only reviews or feedback I could find on tripadvisor was from 2006 and even that was pretty minimal. Does anyone have recent experience with them? We are looking for safe, prompt, reliable drivers (with insurance) who also have some knowledge to share about their country since the drives will be long. Thank you!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
24 reviews
29 helpful votes
1. Re: Transport Costa Rica Monteverde
Save

The most recommended private transportation company here in Costa Rica is www.tucanlimoservices.com You can't go wrong with them.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
10,119 posts
295 reviews
262 helpful votes
2. Re: Transport Costa Rica Monteverde
Save

We always book our drivers through our hotels when we reserve them, and that's worked out great for us.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,363 posts
44 reviews
24 helpful votes
3. Re: Transport Costa Rica Monteverde
Save

These days I would go with Danny, great reviews and his vans now have WiFi which I think is pretty cool. Danny Jimenez - crdannytravels@yahoo.com

Other folks to look at

Odyssey Tours (Diego and Alvaro) - info@odysseytourscr.com

Oscar Chavarria - oscardrivercr@gmail.com

Willy - w_opciones@yahoo.com

Wilson - wilson_elsy@yahoo.com

Carlos Bogarin - encantados@ice.co.cr

Leo Rodriguez - leratravelcr@yahoo.com

Juan Carlos and Rubier - tjtransfers@gmail.com

Tucan Limousines (Luis) - rocio@tucanlimoservices.com

Cheers

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
61 posts
4. Re: Transport Costa Rica Monteverde
Save

I have used Oscar Chavarria from the above list, great service, nice vehicle.

Edited: 6:45 pm, May 05, 2012
Uvita, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
43 reviews
18 helpful votes
5. Re: Transport Costa Rica Monteverde
Save

Another vote for Tucan Limo Service www.tucanlimoservices.com not all private transport companies are made the same had some bad experiences with some others but Tucan have been consistent & reliable over they years with safe, bi lingual and nice new cars.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
1 helpful vote
6. Re: Transport Costa Rica Monteverde
Save

Unless you are considering hiring the company to stay with you the entire time, you may want to consider looking at different companies from each area you are visiting. Otherwise you would end up paying the company to drop you off and then come back from their local to bring you to another part of the country. Gas and time are not free so you would be paying extra money each time they have to pick you up and drop you off in a different location than they are based out of.

Edited: 7:14 pm, May 05, 2012
Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
10,119 posts
295 reviews
262 helpful votes
7. Re: Transport Costa Rica Monteverde
Save

I can also vouch for Destinos Encantados who waited hours for us at the airport when our flight was delayed - our hero!

http://destinos-encantados.com/

Coral Gables...
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
7 helpful votes
8. Re: Transport Costa Rica Monteverde
Save

been in Costa Rica several times. I have always relied in Alex. He's a bilingual driver. He will be glad to show you around with a smile and he will always be willing to give his best to costumers. his vans are fully insured and the best, he will offer you reasonable prices. You can contact him at alajuelatours@gmail.com. Good luck with your trip and enjoy this beautiful country

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
9. Re: Transport Costa Rica Monteverde
Save

Thank you, everyone, for your helpful responses. I especially appreciated the suggestion that we consider getting a different company for each leg of our trip since I hadn't considered that possibility before! We are looking forward to our first visit to Costa Rica.

Long Branch, New...
1 post
10. Re: Transport Costa Rica Monteverde
Save

I used a service called Morpho Vans. Their website is www.morphovans.com. I was so pleased with the service and price. We had to go from Dominical to Liberia, which is very far. They were on time, courteous, and they WERE THE CHEEPEST of all the competition. They have a person Mario who works in the office. He was extremely helpful and his English was perfect. I think you should check them out.