We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a bridge to Montezuma beach area from San Jose

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Is there a bridge to Montezuma beach area from San Jose

I want to visit the pacific beaches before traveling to Canas area/Arenal but wonder how to get there from San Jose by car? And how long of a drive it it? and is it scenic beauty ?

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a bridge to Montezuma beach area from San Jose

Every drive inn costa rica is beautiful! Your options are ferry from puntarenas over to nicoya pen then about a 45 minute drive to montezuma. To drive yourself will be pretty long as you go to the top of the nicoya gulf then drive to the bottom of the peninsula. This is a fairly long drive and sections of the road are really lumpy. In the dry season 4x4 isn't necessary but will certainly provide a mor comfortable ride than a regular car. If you take the ferry the road is paved from san jose all the way to cobano where a relatively smooth dirt road takes you to montezuma, about 20-30 minutes more.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a bridge to Montezuma beach area from San Jose

Ok. Thanks. isnt there a jetboat I can take as well, i heard it may be faster but i dont know the cost

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,828 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a bridge to Montezuma beach area from San Jose

There is a water taxi that you can take fom near Jaco. A few companies advertise it. Here is a link to one of them.

cocozumacr.com/speed_taxi_water_boat_Jaco_Mo…

raquel

4. Re: Is there a bridge to Montezuma beach area from San Jose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, January 23, 2013