We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Living Social Escapes - 7 Nights in CR

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
159 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Living Social Escapes - 7 Nights in CR

What do all the experts think of this deal?

…livingsocial.com/deals/36554-7-nights-in-co…

My husband and I did the La Fortuna/MA trip on our first time to CR and we loved it. This time we wanted to visit Guanacaste and possibly some other areas in CR. This deal seems like a really good one though and I figured we could always add on 3 days somewhere besides Arenal/MA on either end.

Thoughts?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,041 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Living Social Escapes - 7 Nights in CR

It does sound not that bad...if you can find who living social are?

But if you contact the hotels direct and the rent a car I think you can do better ...even finding better hotels at Arenal and Manuel Antonio

roadadvisor

Jaco, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Living Social Escapes - 7 Nights in CR

I actually came across that site a couple of weeks ago. Doesn't look bad. Let us know if you do it again. Go for it. I like to have people make it easy for me. If I'm gonna do everything myself I might as well be working. :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
159 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Living Social Escapes - 7 Nights in CR

The company that books the travel is Elegant Adventures: http://elegantadventures.com/.

These two hotels in the deal would be $2200 if booked on our own, so it does seem like a good savings if we wanted to stay at these hotels only. If there are much better hotels at much better prices than perhaps I should just save my excitement and start booking on my own for our next trip :).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
159 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Living Social Escapes - 7 Nights in CR

Jako - that was really what I was thinking. Last time we went to CR I spent so much time researching and booking it was like a part time job! The hotels in the deal seem nice and it is discounted...but at the same time I don't really want to do myself a any disservice by not getting even close to good bang for my buck.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
159 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Living Social Escapes - 7 Nights in CR

And also, just for reference last time I stayed at Issimo & Silencio del Campo and I loved both places. I priced them out for the same amount of time and it would come to around $1330...so pretty equal. An additional $160 for transportation and it's now even. So I guess the question would be how do Issimo & Silencio compare to Parador & Kioro?

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Living Social Escapes - 7 Nights in CR

I use living social often. It has always been great. This deal is during the off season so you are probably not saving to much.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
159 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Living Social Escapes - 7 Nights in CR

I think the savings is really only found if you wanted to stay at these two hotels specifically. Not sure how they compare to the two we stayed at last time.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Living Social Escapes - 7 Nights in CR

But you already know this two areas, of what I could understand. Costa rica has soo much to offer that during this trip you should go to other completely different areas, like Monteverde, Rancho Humo, Guanacaste etc..

Monteverde is the cloud forest, very different from what you have experienced.

Rancho Humo, is wet lands, beautiful river, lots of birds.

Guanacaste : Great beaches, volcanoes, like Rincón de la Vieja. Full of adventure too, excellente zip lining following the canyon of a river, waterfalls, horse backriding, tubiing, etc.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
159 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Living Social Escapes - 7 Nights in CR

That's where some of my hesitation is. I think this time around I'd like to go to Osa and possibly Guanacaste as well.

Jaco, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Living Social Escapes - 7 Nights in CR

It's been many years for me, but the Osa is magical. Had one of the best times in CR staying in Puerto Jiminez. Also, you can't go wrong with the Guanacaste region. It has so many beaches to explore.