We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't buy Costa Rica Garmin Nuvi map from GPSTravelmaps.com

US
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Don't buy Costa Rica Garmin Nuvi map from GPSTravelmaps.com

They don't return emails or facebook wall posts.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Don't buy Costa Rica Garmin Nuvi map from GPSTravelmaps.com

Can you give us a little more details. Did you have problems and they didn't respond? What happened?

US
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Don't buy Costa Rica Garmin Nuvi map from GPSTravelmaps.com

Yes, I had problems (!) On their website they have a contact email of support@gpstravelmaps.com. Three emails to this address were ignored. I noticed they were on Facebook so I gave that a shot. Someone responded from sales@gpstravelmaps.com.

The map still will not load.

I have purchased a new map from SatNav and will be asking for my money back from gpstravels - or protest the charge on my credit card - if I have not heard from them by the end of business today.

Also, from what I have read on TripAdvisor.com their maps are not reliable. (note to self: ALWAYS check TripAdvisor.com.)

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,883 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Don't buy Costa Rica Garmin Nuvi map from GPSTravelmaps.com

Go with the pros...NAVSAT...nice proffesional people...

roadadvisor

4 posts
1 review
4. Re: Don't buy Costa Rica Garmin Nuvi map from GPSTravelmaps.com

I agree with you-I contacted them and never received a reply either.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Don't buy Costa Rica Garmin Nuvi map from GPSTravelmaps.com

Can NAVSAT maps be loaded onto Garmin nuvis???

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
32 posts
6. Re: Don't buy Costa Rica Garmin Nuvi map from GPSTravelmaps.com

Iskohn, yes they can. You'll want to buy the Ezfind which you can buy to be available for 10 days, 30 days, or forever. They are compatible with nuvis and easy to load.

I just purchased my map this week from NavSat for our trip next week. The first map they sent was not working properly and I kept getting a "can't unlock map" error. I received constant and quick emails from support at NavSat to get it all worked out. In the end, it wasn't anything I was doing wrong, the files they sent me were bad. They sent me a new set of files and it worked great and loaded right away.

Top notch customer service.

Ohio
Level Contributor
29 posts
49 reviews
7. Re: Don't buy Costa Rica Garmin Nuvi map from GPSTravelmaps.com

How did you purchase the NAV SAT for your Garmin Nuvi. That is what we have also and I would like to get the 10 or 30 day version. thanks for your help.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
8. Re: Don't buy Costa Rica Garmin Nuvi map from GPSTravelmaps.com

www.navsatcr.com/en is the English-language website, and but I don't see the time-limited options any more. Too bad - you might ask whether they can still do that. (The non-time-limited version is twice as expensive as the 10-day version I purchased, IIRC)

I did use the maps last year, and found the customer support and communication (in English) terrific. The maps occasionally lost us, but were reassuring to have nonetheless.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga
Level Contributor
811 posts
54 reviews
9. Re: Don't buy Costa Rica Garmin Nuvi map from GPSTravelmaps.com

Between navsatcr & some pointers from roadadvisor & others on this forum we drove over 1200 miles in 2 weeks last year and never even missed a turn! Great map & great support. Buy the unlimited version & you'll have an excuse to go back. We hope to soon!

Somerset, Sandys...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Don't buy Costa Rica Garmin Nuvi map from GPSTravelmaps.com

I will never download a map from GPS Travelmaps.com again.

On our recent trip to Costa Rica, we finally had to turn the GPS off and stop and ask for directions so that we would be sure of getting to our destination.

I have a claim in with Pay Pal to get my money back and I will let everyone know how that goes.

After doing a lot more research, I believe the EZ Find Costa Rica map software is the way to go, I only wish that I had paid the extra money before trying GPS Travelmaps.

Edited: 10:48 am, April 02, 2012