We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to CR.

denmark
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
First time to CR.

I have been searcing this forum for a while about where to go and where to stay for my 2-3 weeks in CR april/maj 2011.

I´m looking for nice/clean and cheap GH or hotels for a single female traveler in :

San Jose for overnight only

Manuel Antonio NP

Puerto Viejoy

Is travel by bus between this places a possibility?

I`m used to backpack around the world by bus and trains – other not to turistic place to visit instead of the above??

Kirsten

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,307 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to CR.

Hi Kirsten...

April is nice and hot...for a affordable hostel by SJO ...you can mail...aeropuertohostel@hotmail.com...just 3 minutes from International Ariport...

Manuel Antonio...La Posada Inn...Cabinas Hotel Espadillas...affordable in Quepos cabinas hotel Ceciliano...

Puerto Viejo...or Punta Uva Cabinas hotel Arrecifes...

Yes you can travel by bus...

roadadvisor

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to CR.

Hi Kirsten,

Congrats,

hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/…reviews

Alonso there is great he will help you guys have a great trip

www.thebusschedule.com for public bus small theft risk

www.insuremytrip.com

on a shoestring in 2-3 weeks

www.bananaazul.com

www.lunallenahotel.com

www.villasdelaselva.com

if more time and more adventurous

www.haciendabaru.com

www.corcovado.org

www.lookout-inn.com

Have fun,

denmark
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to CR.

Thanks a lot. Will check out all the above, but special www.haciendabaru.com

Other place around like that???

Kirsten

denmark
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to CR.

Is it possible that you know a good place to go horsebackriding as well. Not only for a short trip but for days with overnight in tens or cabins?

Has to be inexpencive - not turistprices - maybe a local ranch in the midlle of knowwhere??? Do it excist???

Thanks Kirsten

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to CR.

There are many places in Costa Rica where you can ride horseback and, of course, many many ranches and farms. Once you decide where you are going to stay, you can email the hotel and let them you that you are interested in horseback riding in the area.

It is not all that popular to ride horses and camp but it can be done, I am sure. The ecolodge located in the town where I live does this every year with a couple of youth groups.

6. Re: First time to CR.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, April 23, 2011