We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Costa Rica

D.C
2 posts
Save Topic
First time to Costa Rica

Planning a 5 day (Bachelor Party)/ Men's trip to Costa Rica.. Any recommendations to maximize our trip would be great.. Should we spend all of our time in San Jose or split it up with the beaches?

Thanks

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,235 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Costa Rica

I hate to say it, but when I think "Bachelor Party" there is really only one place for that. Playa Jaco. Jaco was built on debauchery from the ground up. Why spend your time in SJ when you can at least have a gorgeous setting around you. As "Party Like" as Jaco is it is still surrounded by some beautiful landscape, where as San Jose in my opinion is definitely not.

Jaco area recommendations for bachelor party: Beatle Bar

Food: Tsunami Sushi, Bubbas Tacos, Poseidon Restaurant, Wishbone.

Good local bars: Tabacon, Backyard Bar

Nice Hotel in the center of town around $100 p night is Poseidon http://www.hotel-poseidon.com/ Many options available, depending on your budget I can be more specific. you can get good advice and hotel discounts from http://www.crreferrals.com/TravelExperts.html Many tour options in the area such as canopy, fishing, rafting.

Anyway...I guess I vote for the beach...

Cheers

Inca

I travel therefore I am...

D.C
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Costa Rica

Thanks Inca!!

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
231 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Costa Rica

You might want to check out Manual Antonio too. Lots of nightlife and great beaches too.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Costa Rica

Hi,

I would skip san Jose all together. And yes Jaco is the place for that one last hoorah! However, you can also head to Manuel Antonio for a couple of days too.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

Atlanta
Level Contributor
3,977 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Costa Rica

Totally agree Jaco is the place to go for your group. When I go with a group we prefer to get a few condos or a house. It is more comfortable, easy to hang out together, cheaper, and more room than hotel rooms.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,276 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Costa Rica

Jaco is the place...

roadadvisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

merryxmas

7. Re: First time to Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 13, 2010