We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours?

cape cod
11 posts
Save Topic
Tours?

Hi all I'm traveling to Costa Rica in Feb '06, Just wondering if it's neccessary to pre-book tours or wait til we get there? I already know which ones we want to do, but am unsure if they need to be pre-booked or they're pretty available? Thanks Alexis

London, Canada
Level Contributor
926 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours?

We never pre-booked any tours and had no problem at all booking what we wanted once we arrived through the tour agency at the resort. We were there in late January/early February 2005 and since you're going around the same time I imagine you will have the same experience. What resort are you staying at?

It may be different if you are booking with a private off-site tour operator but I'm not sure. I know there are some good private operators that are not on site at the resorts but will pick you up at the resort.

cape cod
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours?

I'm staying at The Makanda and have been reviewing all of the different tours offered through lots of sites; vacationcity.com interests me the most, so I was going to book through their site, but didn't know if the same tours with the same companies would be offered at the hotel. I want to get the most for the money; lunch, transportation, etc. with the most exciting tours. We were planning on a Safari Canopy, 1/2 day horseback ride to waterfall, whitewater rafting at the Sevegre River.