We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coco Sunset Vacation Club

Warren, OH
Level Contributor
54 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Coco Sunset Vacation Club

My husband and I are looking to trade our time share for Coco Sunset Vacation Club in Costa Rica for the last week in Nov. This is thru Interval International. This is a new member resort and I cannot find any reviews or information. Can anybody help? We are aware it is not beach front and that is OK. We are considered with location and what is available at the resort as well as cleanliness.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coco Sunset Vacation Club

Decent location new basic facility overlooking beach.

New so not much on it in terms of reviews.

Warren, OH
Level Contributor
54 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coco Sunset Vacation Club

Thank you for your information. Have you stayed there or seen it? Is it clean and does it have a decent pool? Would you recommend it? We are not looking for a five star resort but someplace that would be comfortable, safe, and clean to celebrate a major birthday for my husband.

Thanks again.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coco Sunset Vacation Club

If is the one in Coco Beach is nice...but if is not...where is the one you are asking for?

A good friend was staying in a condo in Coco Beach...and we have lunch and seat around a beach club...as I said if is the same we are talking about it...is a nice place...

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Warren, OH
Level Contributor
54 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coco Sunset Vacation Club

Thanks for your response. But I am going to show my total ignorance about the area right now because I do not know the answer. I looked up the address of the resort which is available through a trade with Interval International. It just says it is located in Playa del Coco, Guanacaste. Would this be the same one?

Thanks.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Coco Sunset Vacation Club

I took a chance and just booked a week here in early September, despite the fact that I couldn't find any information about the resort.

I'm also very curious to know if anyone is familiar with this place. The information on the confirmation I received just has the name listed as "Coco Sunset" and only has a PO Box listed for an address.

If I don't read anything about the resort before I go, I'll be sure to post some feedback when I return!

First trip to Costa Rica for me, and is already turning out to be a bit of an adventure. :)

atlanta
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coco Sunset Vacation Club

I just came back from the Coco Sunset Vacation Club. They advertised for a studio/1 bedroom on the II site and I used my exchange points for it. They show you the pics from their very nice 2 bedroom units on the II site but when we got there we were shuttled across town to another complex and told that we could upgrade from a studio to a 1 bedroom unit if we went to the 90 minute time share talk. We agreed and saw that they were using the studio units as a way to get people there with II points and then trying to sell them the 2 bed units. We are wondering WHO gets to stay in the 2 bedroom units because they are nice and worth the trade. The studio units are small and in a hotel style complex--not at all appealing. The one bedroom units are ok and in a complex around the pool that has more room. there is laundry and that is good but the complex is far from the beach club on the other side of town, requiring lots of walking. I think its false advertising to only list availability of studio units using pics of the nicer and unavailable units, and then luring people to buy into the nicer units through the franchise ownership agreement. Still wondering WHO gets to stay in the two bedroom units with the rooftop decks.

oneonta new york
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Coco Sunset Vacation Club

Starry

We just contacted interval, having traded in our unit in Puerto Vallarta, and having read a somewhat negative review. We expressed our concerns to the Interval rep and were given an upgrade to a one bedroom. I too asked about an address and was informed that it should be easy to find? I am going to phone Coco Sunset to pinpoint their location. Good luck.

chicago
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Coco Sunset Vacation Club

Is this the same as Coco Sunset Hills?

Quincy...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coco Sunset Vacation Club

I tried to book Coco Sunset through II but they did not have avaialability the week we wanted. We emailed Coco Sunset directly and booked for a week. I couldn't find any reviews but it looks great. They sent me 9 picutres and it looks very nice. I'd love to hear others feedback. I just emailed to ask about the location of our room...this is for our Honeymoon so I would like everything to run smoothly!!! I love Costa Rica and I can't wait for our trip.

Seattle
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Coco Sunset Vacation Club

I have also just exchanged my timeshare from Cabo to Coco Sunset in Costa Rica and these posts got me wondering if I made a mistake. So I called Interval and Coco Sunset resort and the answer is yes and no.

The "no" is that I was told by the resort that they do not have oceanview rooms at all and they do not arrange transportation at this time from the airport. They did tell me that they were three blocks from the beach, however so it's within walking distance and it is on the reef side (for those of us who dive).

The "yes" was that ... well, it's Costa Rica and not home. Kinda kidding. Someone had posted on here about a second site and so I asked about that. Both Interval and Coco Sunset assured me that their timeshare site was only the one by the beach. Actually, the guy at the resort didn't know that they had a second site.

After talking to a friend who had been in Costa Rica several times, he assured me that the area was great and there was plenty of stuff around to do. If you like hiking and doing nature-y stuff, rent a car and GET ALL OF THE INSURANCE. (He stressed that(

Hopefully, more people that have stayed at this resort will post their experiences so no one has to go down "blind".