We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manuel Antonio vs. Arenal Volcano vs. Tamarindo?

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
39 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Manuel Antonio vs. Arenal Volcano vs. Tamarindo?

Hello All,

I am traveling to CR with my husband and another couple for eight days at the beginning of March. I am looking forward to the break from the cold weather in Minnesota!!

We are torn between the areas of MA, Arenal, and Tamarindo. We want to split the time between two places and would like to do several activities while in CR like diving, snorkeling, surfing (novice), whitewater rafting, ziplines, hiking, relaxing, etc. There is just so much information out here it is hard to weed through and decide! We will be renting an SUV.

One disadvantage of the Tamarindo area (I think, not sure) is that the area my be more brown that tropical green in March. Is this true? I like how this area seems laid back, but still plenty to do. One disadvantage of the MA area that I have read is that it is a busy area, and we do not want to be part of a large crowd. But I like from what I have read, it is lucious green and plenty to do. The only reason we want to see Arenal is because many people like it and it sounds awesome, but maybe Monteverde would be a better option.

I know I am all over the place here, but I am just trying to weigh out the pros and cons and then once we decide on a location, we can plan the fun stuff!

Thanks for reading and I would truly appreciate any advise!

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
39 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manuel Antonio vs. Arenal Volcano vs. Tamarindo?

I am sorry for the typos. :-/

** One disadvantage of the Tamarindo area (I think, not sure) is that the area may be more brown than tropical green in March. Is this true?

2. Re: Manuel Antonio vs. Arenal Volcano vs. Tamarindo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, October 13, 2009