We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a nice lodging stop between airport & Arenal

Paris
Level Contributor
223 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a nice lodging stop between airport & Arenal

Hello,

We will land at the San José airport early afternoon. The day after, we have reservations near La Fortuna/Arenal, so I was wondering about some charming place to stay for the night, say, 1h or so from the airport, so we can come closer to La Fortuna.

OK, we like comfy, boutique things, or rural fincas, cabinas...anything small and nice!

Any recommendations?

thanks in advance.

Heredia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
98 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a nice lodging stop between airport & Arenal

Dedierz,

I stayed in LandsInLove hotel, an amazing place surrounded by nature. This is a vegetarian place but they do also regular food.

www.landsinlove.com

It is located about 1.5 hours from the Airport, on the way to Arenal Volcano through out San Ramon town which is the regular route to get to Arenal Volcano.

I hope you enjoy it!!!

ErickHT

Samfielder6
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a nice lodging stop between airport & Arenal

Hi there!

I would certainly reccommend the San Ramon area to you! Two places that are in this rough region that I absolutely love are the El Silencio Lodge and Villa Blanca.

They are beautiful hotels that are set in a serene quiet location. Im not sure when your travel dates are as currently El Silencio is closed until the end of January due to mud slides.

If you have any more questions, feel free to message me as I am on Trip advisor regularly!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a nice lodging stop between airport & Arenal

La Posada Hotel (San Ramon, Province of Alajuela) - B&B Reviews ...La Posada Hotel, San Ramon: See 3 traveler reviews, 3 candid photos, and great deals for La Posada Hotel, ranked #1 of 2 B&Bs / inns in San Ramon and rated...www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g608739-d650534-Reviews-La_Posada_Hotel-San_Ramon_Province_of_Alajuela.html

4. Re: Looking for a nice lodging stop between airport & Arenal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, September 12, 2009