We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solid Car Rental

Indiana
Level Contributor
72 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Solid Car Rental

Has anyone used Solid Car Rental - if so, would you recommend?

Indiana
Level Contributor
72 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solid Car Rental

Anything good or bad to say about Solid Car Rental? I was also looking into Vamos and saw some posts about them. Looks like one advantage to Vamos is the included cell phone - do most people get a phone when they rent, or is it mainly with the older cars that it's more useful?

Heredia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
98 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solid Car Rental

Hello,

Solid is a good company in Costa Rica. They have been in business since 15 years. One of the advantage to get a car for experienced companies is that they already have a 24 hours emergency service countrywide so, in case of any problem you ll get assistance in a very short period time.

I do not know Vamos because they are new on business and only what others say in other forums. Old cars are cheaper but how expensive is to have cheap?

if you considerer a cell phone is an advantage think also about having good support countrywide.

Small companies in Costa Rica have more chance to treat you as a customer not as a number.

erick HIT

Indiana
Level Contributor
72 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solid Car Rental

erickht-

Thank you for responding. I have been working with Christian; he seems very helpful. I really would like to rent from a CR company - is Solid owned by Ticos? I think Vamos is owned by a foreigner- not sure though??? I think we will go ahead and reserve with Solid - thank you for your input!

Heredia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
98 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solid Car Rental

KmacIndiana,

Solid is a costarican (ticos) company, with very good cars.

What I learned from costarican companies is that they are doing a huge effort to compete against the big ones. So they best tool is SERVICE.

They need to treat you as the best because they need you going back.

I am sure you will get a great service.

Erick HT

5. Re: Solid Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, October 01, 2009