We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

single track mountain biking in Costa Rica

Colorado
1 post
Save Topic
single track mountain biking in Costa Rica

I am looking for single track mountain biking in Costa Rica. I can find one web site that talks about Estrella Tours in Manuel Antonio, but this organization seems to no longer exist. Any advice?

Bushmaster Adventures Costa Rica
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Manakin Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Central American Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: single track mountain biking in Costa Rica

Sure, look into Coast To Coast - they offer mountain biking trips. They are reliable, well organized, and honest:

www.ctocadventures.com/justafewdays.html#mb3

North Carolina
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: single track mountain biking in Costa Rica

If you are really serious about mountain biking:

Vuelta de la Soledad. Mountain Bike Endurance Race, 75kms. Participants include national and international cyclists in pro, elite, general and amateur categories. Concert and awards ceremony in the evening. Held in Sámara and surroundings. October 4, 2008

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: single track mountain biking in Costa Rica

Hi Mountainbiker,

La Soledad Race does not include any singletrack at all. My team does this race every year and if you are looking for singletrack you will be dissapointed.

In fact, there is very little singletrack in Costa Rica. The few trails out there are more horse and cow trails than anything else and are certainly not designed with biking in mind.

Having said that, there are many epic rides that appeal to expert cyclists and that feature river crossings, technical riding and huge elevation gains (and losses).

In addition to Coast to Coast, mentioned by the previous poster, there are other companies that specialize in mountain biking:

Bike Arenal

Lava Tours (www.lava-tours.com)

Blue Trax

Finally, the Guanaride race offers long distances and some great hidden singletrack: guanaride.com.

Good luck,

Carlos

bikecostarica.com (free biking information)

Hummelstown, PA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: single track mountain biking in Costa Rica

This is probably too old of a thread but there's some single track stuff that was way too advanced for me around Barva. We went with a real great mountain biker who showed us around and wants to start taking people on tours. Let me know if you want his name.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,077 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: single track mountain biking in Costa Rica

Also is another great biker by Nuevo Arenal...he lives and runs Rock River Lodge his name...Norman Litz...let me know if you need any more info about him...he does really know about mountain biking!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Mentioned in this post
Nuevo Arenal
Nuevo Arenal
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: single track mountain biking in Costa Rica

check with this hotel in Monteverde

for best single track in the Arenal area...

www.hotelelviandante.com/monteverde_tours.htm

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: single track mountain biking in Costa Rica

Also pretty cool...

Mountain Biking from Arenal Volcano to Monteverde

Duration Recommended Ages Price from

approx. 6.5 hours $ 85

This is a route for the more-experienced rider

www.desafiocostarica.com

8. Re: single track mountain biking in Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, November 28, 2009