We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribbean resorts in CR?

Kentucky
9 posts
Save Topic
Caribbean resorts in CR?

Most all of the resorts in CR seem to be on the Pacific. Are there any resorts that lie on the Caribbean?

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caribbean resorts in CR?

There are no resorts on the Caribbean

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Level Contributor
173 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caribbean resorts in CR?

Let's hope it stays that way.

Tampa, FL
Destination Expert
for San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Caribbean resorts in CR?

AMEN, rocrawler, AMEN!!!

I also wish that all the resorts on the west coast closed down and the people that went to them returned to places like Cancun and the islands in the Caribbean, which have already been ruined for a long time. IMHO, resorts are not what CR is all about, or at least it shouldn't be. Unfortunately, that will never happen. Its hard to close the barn door after the fact.

Jed, if resorts are your thing I suggest you just go to the Carribean (there are already plenty to choose from) and leave CR unspoiled.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Caribbean resorts in CR?

Here is a Costa Rica Caribbean resort - http://www.coloncaribe.com/ - also, the lodges at Barra del Colorado and Tortuguero could be considered resorts as well. And how about Almonds & Corals? http://www.almondsandcorals.com/

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caribbean resorts in CR?

On the Caribbean side you will find plenty of wonderful places to stay, but they are on the smaller, more intimate or boutique style. Some may offer individual bungalows, some may just be 15 rooms, etc. The location to the beach will vary as well as chances for swimming pool. However, some of the best food, people, scenery are in and around Puerto Viejo and part of it is because it's still less built up and touristy, so on that note I agree with the above posters I hope it stays that way!

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caribbean resorts in CR?

griegogringo - I guess I consider those hotels more of "rustic luxury" than I do "resort", so I guess that term needs to be better defined by the OP. When I think of resort, I think of Club Med or sprawling Marriotts.

7. Re: Caribbean resorts in CR?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, September 16, 2009