We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving at SJO after 10pm, best hotel options?

Newtown, PA
2 posts
Save Topic
Arriving at SJO after 10pm, best hotel options?

When my g/f and I fly out we will be arriving at SJO after 10pm. From what I understand, all the rental car companies in the airport close right around this time.

As such, I suppose we will take a taxi (orange, correct?) from SJO to a nearby hotel just for the night. We don't want/need anything fancy this first night, but need something that will be safe, clean, and accept late check-ins. Airport transport is a plus especially as we will be returning to the airport to get a rental car the following morning (EARLY) and beginning our adventure.

Any recommendations?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving at SJO after 10pm, best hotel options?

Hotel Villa Bonita always gets great reviews. Very close to the airport, cheap and very helpful owners.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,041 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving at SJO after 10pm, best hotel options?

Maybe the best option can be Garden Court...3 minutes from the airport...they offer a free shuttle, and most of rent a car companies are 1 minute walking distance from the lobby!!

You do not need to take a taxi to Garden Court...when you make the reservation just inform them about the late arrival...

Luis Road Advisor

Just Buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
8,995 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving at SJO after 10pm, best hotel options?

Many rentaal car companies will drop off the car and paperwork at your hotel the next morning so you don't have to head back to the airport.

4. Re: Arriving at SJO after 10pm, best hotel options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, September 09, 2009