We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental

1 post
Car rental

I’m looking for advice on transportation from Limon to Cocles and back. We will probably rent a car but not sure which one is the closest to the airport. Also is there a transport that runs early morning to the airport because we will need to catch a 7am flight back to San Jose and the rental places don’t open until 8am. Also does anyone have any rental advice? So confused about what do donwith this trip so we can be stress free with transportation. Any advice will be awesome!!!

2 replies to this topic
Beaufort, SC
Level Contributor
391 posts
153 reviews
66 helpful votes
1. Re: Car rental

I can only tell you about my experience. We have used Vamos 4 times and never had a problem. Who ever you use make sure you communicate with them directly...email. The 1st time I even called, don't feel the need now. Vamos will pick you up at the airport and transport you to your hotel when you return the car. Stay at a hotel that has a shuttle. Hampton Inn is in the same parking lot as Vamos. I like Adventure Inn, they have a shuttle and not as corporate as Hampton Inn. Don't feel bad, renting the car was the hardest part of my 1st trip. Just do it, it's going to be an adventure.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
20,795 posts
62 reviews
51 helpful votes
2. Re: Car rental

Andrea, are you flying to Limon airport?! From SJO?? If so, most probably it would be better to drive all the way, and about the same time would be lost, IMO.

Anyway, at Limon airport you will be restricted to those rental car companies that have offices in the town of Limon; I assume they will send an agent to pick up the car, or you will be asked just to leave the car with keys at airport parking lot.

Reply to: Car rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted