We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Rica Escapes - John Rabeneau

Seattle
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Costa Rica Escapes - John Rabeneau

We're going to be in Costa Rica soon and for this trip we are turning over the arrangements to a pro.

Does anybody have any recent experience booking travel through Costa Rica Escapes?

They have put together what looks like a great itinerary for us; I just wish I could find more recent reviews then the two or three from 2014.

Thanks,

Phil

10 replies to this topic
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
20,437 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Costa Rica Escapes - John Rabeneau

If the itinerary is great, what for do you need recent reviews of the company? What is important are recent reviews of the hotels/lodges you will be using, and attractions you will be visiting. If this will be fully accompanied trip, I can almost vouch for the driver/guide to be knowledgeable person. They mostly are.

If asking about reliability of the company, this one is a bit trickier question. If me, I would recheck all accommodations if they have me on their guests list. Also I would only use credit card for any payments/deposits as this would give me at least some sort of protection in case something would go "south".

san diego
6 posts
1 review
2. Re: Costa Rica Escapes - John Rabeneau

Did you end up using them?? I'd like to see some reviews as well.

1 post
3. Re: Costa Rica Escapes - John Rabeneau

I recently came back from an absolutely FANTASTIC trip that I booked through John and the company. My family and I had a great time and would change nothing about it. The people were all friendly and knowledgeable, the scenery and nature were out of this world, the accommodations were beautiful, and the logistics ran extremely smooth thanks to this organization!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
10,338 posts
71 reviews
4. Re: Costa Rica Escapes - John Rabeneau

Great that you joined TA today to let us know about your fantastic experience with one tour company. Looking forward to your reviews of all the other aspects of your trip - tours, hotels, restaurants, etc.

1 post
5. Re: Costa Rica Escapes - John Rabeneau

My wife and I used Costa Rica Escapes to plan our honeymoon. We did the adventure package. The entire trip ran very smoothly. All of our transportation from place to place was on time and all accommodations exceeded our expectations. The resort we stayed at in Drake Bay was a great balance of relaxation and activities. I was pretty excited to go on this trip, and yet it far exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend using John. He was very easy to work with and responsive throughout the whole process.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
7,926 posts
150 reviews
6. Re: Costa Rica Escapes - John Rabeneau

I wonder if Mr. Rabeneau knows Alex from Tachiz Travel.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
52,981 posts
119 reviews
7. Re: Costa Rica Escapes - John Rabeneau

I wonder the same...Remember Alex to take you to his family house to have the home made tortillas...my God...

roadadvisor

san diego
6 posts
1 review
8. Re: Costa Rica Escapes - John Rabeneau

I planned our Costa Rica Vacation through Costa Rica Escapes and was exceptionally pleased with our trip! John was very easy to work with throughout the planning and we were in constant contact those initial days. He was able to help when my airline called and canceled our flight home (before the trip even began). John was not at all worried and helped me figure out the new plan of action for our last days there. The excursions he planned for our family were so much fun and perfect for what we wanted out of the trip (hiking, rafting, rappelling, ziplining, boating & relaxing). Having private transportation to all of our destinations made the trip easy and every single driver arrived on time and well-prepared. The accommodations were nice and suited our needs. I would highly recommend John and CRE when planning a Costa Rican vacation. I loved that everything was planned out and I could just relax and have fun on our vacation. Not to mention that Costa Rica is beautiful!!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
10,338 posts
71 reviews
9. Re: Costa Rica Escapes - John Rabeneau

What airline cancelled your return flight by phoning you? How did the tour company help you to resolve the flight issue?

Appleton, WI
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
10. Re: Costa Rica Escapes - John Rabeneau

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I'm looking at using Costa Rica Escapes and wanted to find out peoples experiences with them. They sound really good.

Reply to: Costa Rica Escapes - John Rabeneau
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted