We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Machaca Hill worth the price

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is Machaca Hill worth the price

We are planning a vacation to Belize and keep hearing awesome things about Punta Gorda. Machaca Hill looks awesome, but seems to be very pricey. Has anyone done the all inclusive and was it worth it? Inquiring minds want to know.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Machaca Hill worth the price

Belize is not really a great AI destination, it is better enjoyed by exploring rather than being in an impregnable AI castle. .Most of us here are not AI people it's fair to say.

Is MH worth it? Depends how rich you are I guess, and I have never stayed there myself (too poor!) but I have heard the opinion expressed by those who have that it is overpriced.

PG is a fairly dull town set in a beautiful part of Belize. Certainly the prettiest and most interesting part of Belize, but I live down south so I would say that! My two favourite places to stay are Blue Belize and Hickatee Cottages, but my general rule is to go for more modest accommodation and spend my money on activities instead.

Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Machaca Hill worth the price

First of all, when you hear great things about Punta Gorda, you are hearing great things about Toledo District. PG is a small town where you will arrive by plane but the rest of your wonderful vacation will be spent out in the district experiencing all the adventures available in southern Belize.

As for Machaca Hill, if you can afford it, go for it. With their package, you are getting a real experience. They pick you up in these big safari style Land Cruisers and from the get go, you know you are being taken care of. It's all about you at Machaca Hill - you are paying for it and that's what you get. They have a beautiful spa and the setting can't be beat. Howler monkeys in the trees is a given and any tours you take will be top notch. Comfy beds, professional chef, great surroundings. And, yes, I have stayed there.

If you can't afford it, there are several other lovely jungle lodges in the Toledo District. They are all in the Toledo B&B listing on tripadvisor.

Wherever you stay, I'm sure you will have a lovely vacation in Southern Belize.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,837 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Machaca Hill worth the price

Its impressive with views from the hilltop overlooking 3 miles of rainforest to the sea, howler monkeys roaming around in the trees, high level of personal attention, rooms, meals and other services are top notch. I've only booked a few Belizeans into MH at local rates and all were awed by their experience. MH goes the distance for their guests.

4. Re: Is Machaca Hill worth the price

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 08, 2010