We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Trip to Lamanai with Jungle River Tours

florida
Level Contributor
114 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Great Trip to Lamanai with Jungle River Tours

This tour was a highlight of my vacation in Belize. Our guide, Gilberto was personable and highly knowledgeable about the flora and fauna and the Mayan ruins at Lamanai. He made sure that we saw all the wildlife there was to see on our 26 mile run up the New River to the Lamanai site. We saw numerous birds, crocodiles, and the best part, monkeys that climbed right into the boat to accept bananas..The trip also included lunch that was ok, but not great. I paid $US40 for this trip.

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
Utah
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Great Trip to Lamanai with Jungle River Tours

We (I & BF) want to do this tour. We will be taking the bus from Playa. Can we just get off in Orangewalk?

Can we just find a tour from there?

I emailed Lamanai Eco Tours and Errol said it was $100 USD pp. And it goes from Carmalita Village.

This seems high to me.

Also is it possible to stay at the Lamanai Outpost Lodge for one night? I can't find contact for them either.

Any other lodging recommendations?

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Lamanai Outpost Lodge
Lamanai Outpost Lodge
321 Reviews
Orange Walk, Belize
belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,373 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Great Trip to Lamanai with Jungle River Tours

www.lamanai.com yes, they have over night rates and can arrange the boat to and from the road to lodge and site Wonderful inn overlooking an expansive lagoon, grt birding, hiking, sugar mill and old church, canoeing lots to do here, you can spend at least two nights

Orange Walk, Orange...
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Great Trip to Lamanai with Jungle River Tours

For future references. JRT 670 3035 novedcris@yahoo.com

14. Re: Great Trip to Lamanai with Jungle River Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, January 13, 2016