We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Placencia
Search

Flight from Placencia to BZE

San Diego
Level Contributor
44 posts
37 reviews
39 helpful votes
Flight from Placencia to BZE
Save

Our flight back to the U.S. from BZE is at 10:30am. We have a choice of a 7am flight from Placencia which gets into BZE at 7:25am or an 8:30am which gets into BZE at 8:55am. Do we really need the 3 hour layover the earlier flight would give us in BZE to catch our international flight or are we safe taking the later flight out of Placencia which gives us 1hr. and 35min. before our US flight? (FYI, the Placencia flight goes to Terminal 1 and our US flight leaves from Terminal 2 if that makes a difference.) Thanks!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
17,481 posts
10 reviews
16 helpful votes
1. Re: Flight from Placencia to BZE
Save

I'd play it safe and take the 7am flight. You probably won't need that much time, but, there may be a stop in Dangriga on the way which will eat up some time.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
15,336 posts
331 reviews
272 helpful votes
2. Re: Flight from Placencia to BZE
Save

The airlines are saying you need 3 hours now; our 2012 and 2014 trips we needed most of that although week before last leaving early in the day on Delta we had extra time. I wouldn't risk it - that 1 hour 35 could become an hour and you might wait 15 or 20 minutes for your bags to come through.

Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula, Chetumal
Level Contributor
12,796 posts
3. Re: Flight from Placencia to BZE
Save

I read somewhere that check-in closes 1 hour before departure time (for security checks). If true, that would give you only 36 minutes -- a bit too close for me.

4. Re: Flight from Placencia to BZE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 02, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Placencia
Recent Conversations