We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Placencia
Search

fFamily choices at Kitty's place and in Belize

Boston...
Level Contributor
47 posts
33 reviews
51 helpful votes
fFamily choices at Kitty's place and in Belize
Save

We are a family of 4 who will travel to Belize for 10-12 days. Kitty's place looks great - so we are considering a beach bungalow or Colonial apartment or Snell's apartment . Anyone have recommendations on the offerings at Kitty's. ? also - for a family - 7 nights in Placencia - and 4 in Cayo district. ? Is that a good travel mix? Family lodging choices in Cayo? Hidden Valley Inn - in Pine Ridge sounds nice. ? Thanks for your help. Trip Advisor is great!!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,987 posts
14 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: fFamily choices at Kitty's place and in Belize
Save

I love Kittys Beach cabanas, but might be a bit too small for 4 pax, although there will be enough beds. Snells is real nice. Love Hidden Valley Inn, duPlooys and Chaa Creek, all three are great options for Cayo.

San Francisco
4 posts
2 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: fFamily choices at Kitty's place and in Belize
Save

We love Kitty's place - my husband and 2 kids rented a beach house there and it was our favorite place. The nicest beach - (we were in Belize 3 weeks and had a jeep and went EVERYWHERE and took water taxi to the cayes and stayed there too, so we compared a lot of places) - feels like a nice tropical vacation but not too resorty/american hotel like. There you really feel like you got away. We went to Roberts Grove for meals just to have a change of scenery a couple of times (and to get the kids some boring american food like fries) we discovered that if you eat there, they let you use their facilites/equipment for free (pool, windsurf equipment, etc.) The facilties, food, and clients are very American - it is nice there - dont get me wrong- its just not really our taste- they have a really nice place and a great BBQ buffet and had a local band play drums etc -but it was very snooty feeling which is not our style. so the difference will be that you will get to know a lot of Americans or European travellers at Roberts Grove and be waited on by locals but not get to know them -- or eat home-cooked, yummy food, great beach and atmosphere, nice rooms, walk around barefoot and relaxed, and talk to friendly belizians and other laid back travellers if you stay at Kitty's. REALLY laid back in Placencia (at least when we went in July) so if you are looking for entertainment and shopping and stuff then you should look into staying at Ambergis Caye. We liked it there too - but it was a different touristy place.

San Francisco
4 posts
2 reviews
7 helpful votes
3. Re: fFamily choices at Kitty's place and in Belize
Save

we stayed at snells at kitty's. black rock river inn was soooo cool - I think it's in the cayo district. I forgot exactly where but check it out.

Get answers to your questions about Placencia
Recent Conversations