We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is Placencia in November?

Livermore, Colorado
Level Contributor
40 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
How is Placencia in November?

Stayed in Placencia last April and had great weather and fabulous time. We are thinking about going again, but in November. Has anyone been there in November and can you tell me how it was. I looked at the weather info and it seems to be on the rainy side, but those things can be so misleading. Also, if there is anything besides the weather you think it would be good to know I would really appreciate the help.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
115 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is Placencia in November?

I am there most Novembers and I have had some of the best weather I have ever experienced. Never any guarantees, of course.

Livermore, Colorado
Level Contributor
40 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is Placencia in November?

Thanks, Landscape Designer3. That's really good to hear. It was amazing in the spring and I was just worried that if we went in November we would be really disappointed. Like it say though, never any guarantees when it comes to weather.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
115 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How is Placencia in November?

You're welcome. Where do you stay when in Placencia?

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,959 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How is Placencia in November?

April is always dry and warm with nice sea breezes. November can be nice but also have northers with rain, colder air pushed down from the north and overcast skies.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How is Placencia in November?

November is beautiful, and it's also when the tourist season really starts to pick up again. October is very slow, and many say that Thanksgiving marks the true start of the busy season.

Livermore, Colorado
Level Contributor
40 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How is Placencia in November?

We stayed at the Coconut Cottage owned by Kay Westby. It was great. Nothing fancy, but that's what we loved. It is one large room with two double beds and three night stands so lots of room to store things. The kitchen is at one end and has enough equipment to cook any meal, but we mostly cooked breakfast and lunch. Ate dinner out since there are so many good reasonably priced restaurants, There was a table for two and an amazing front porch with chairs, tables and hammocks to relax in. And your only about 50 yards from the ocean so you can hear the waves and look out from your hammock. The bathroom is modest but has all the essentials and the shower was decent. Beds were really comfy (much better than Mexico). Kay lives in another cottage right next door, but she is very unobtrusive, although there if you need her. My husband got stung by a small sting ray that was right at the edge of the ocean and she gave him a local remedy to put on it. We highly recommend it and you can see photos on her web site. Just google coconut cottage placencia. Where do you usually stay?

Livermore, Colorado
Level Contributor
40 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How is Placencia in November?

Thanks for the info, Katie. I was worried, although have had great weather in Mexico in November.

Livermore, Colorado
Level Contributor
40 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How is Placencia in November?

We were thinking about the first 2-3 weeks in November, but maybe we should rethink that for end of October and then into November so were not to close to Thanksgiving. It wasn't crowded last year because it was after Easter and that was one of the things we loved the most!! Your info is greatly appreciated.

Smyrna, Georgia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: How is Placencia in November?

I just want to know if you felt safe there? I am going in a few weeks and after reading the travel report from the U.S. travel.gov am feeling uneasy about going

Livermore, Colorado
Level Contributor
40 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How is Placencia in November?

We were there April 2012 and we felt extremely safe. In fact we walked around almost every night all over town and met a lot of super nice local people. I know it isn't safe in Belize City, but you don't have to stay there normally. You can usually get a flight to Belize City and then the small planes fly really frequently to Placencia. The plane trip is quite a thrill. The planes don't look great, but apparently are safe and the pilots are very experienced since they fly so often. We are planning to go back April 2014 because we loved it so much. The snorkeling is amazing. We just got back from Maui and the snorkeling in Belize was way better. I will have to check the state department web site out. I haven't been on there since our fall trip to Mexico. If they are talking about Belize City don't worry because Placencia is way south of there and a whole other world.

Get answers to your questions about Placencia