We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale Shark Snorkeling

Which Placencia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mobile, Alabama...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Whale Shark Snorkeling

What is the best, cheapest, most fun company to go whale shark snorkeling late may. Also is there an age limit? me and my husband are planning on taking my 7 year old son. He is an exellent swimmer better than me and his pops even. Thanks

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale Shark Snorkeling

All companies have a set price on whale shark snorkeling. Different companies have different dates that they are allowed to do there dives and snorkeling. The dive shop that I book thru are allowed to snorkeling/dive is May 27th to May 31. You son shouldnt have a problem. If you need let me know.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,865 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale Shark Snorkeling

Whale sharks congregate off the Placencia coast in May 3 days before and up to 10 days after the full moon and most of the dive shops in Placencia offer diving and snorkeling. Check Avadon's site for rates and info

Mobile, Alabama...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Whale Shark Snorkeling

Thankyou I tried to book with them but they are booked up so I am on the waiting list. I also have emailed 3-4 other companies with no reply yet... I wish i booked sooner the main reason I want to go to belize is to take my son to swim with whale sharks.

Mobile, Alabama...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Whale Shark Snorkeling

JM Belize travel What company do you go through? Do they have any current openings? I need to reserve a spot with a company as they are becoming fully booked here.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,865 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whale Shark Snorkeling

info@placencia.com for the tourism office who will provide contact info

Placencia
Level Contributor
62 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whale Shark Snorkeling

When are you coming and what hotel, they should be able to help you out, whale shark snorkeling gets booked up,

7. Re: Whale Shark Snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Placencia