We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palencia, Belize. Should we hire a cook for or family of 5?

6 posts
Save Topic
Palencia, Belize. Should we hire a cook for or family of 5?

We are headed to Palencia, Belize for spring break. I don't want to cook every evening but we don't want to go out every evening. Any suggestions about hiring a local person to cook a few meals for us?

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palencia, Belize. Should we hire a cook for or family of 5?

There is a great cook around Placencia who does what you need. Her name is Hilda, a wonderful woman who used to work at Wendy's. I will try and get a contact for you.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
115 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palencia, Belize. Should we hire a cook for or family of 5?

There are some accommodations with kitchens so you can cook on your own, such as Chabil Mar. Otherwise, check with the BTIA at www.placencia.com for information about hiring a cook.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palencia, Belize. Should we hire a cook for or family of 5?

Fantoni's Kitchen does catering meals & sweet stuff that they deliver, an Alternative to hiring a cook. Look us up on here. or visit www.askcleevey.com/fantoniskitchen.html

6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Palencia, Belize. Should we hire a cook for or family of 5?

That sounds perfect! Thanks

6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Palencia, Belize. Should we hire a cook for or family of 5?

Thank you so much for your suggestion about Hilda. Did you find any contact informaiton for Me?

6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Palencia, Belize. Should we hire a cook for or family of 5?

Thanks so much about your recommendation for Hilda. Can you tell me approximately how much it cost? And do you have any contac info for her?

thanks so much!

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palencia, Belize. Should we hire a cook for or family of 5?

I will hopefully see her today and get it. I keep forgetting to ask for hr contact info. I am sorry it is taking so long :)

8. Re: Palencia, Belize. Should we hire a cook for or family of 5?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Placencia