We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon in july-too hot and buggy?

Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
honeymoon in july-too hot and buggy?

Is the weather in early July too hot, humid and buggy to enjoy a relaxing honeymoon at the turtle inn and their partner hotel the blancaneaux in the mountains?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
157 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: honeymoon in july-too hot and buggy?

Buggy? No problem with that. Hot, of course depends somewhat, but it is pretty humid in Belize in July. I would opt for a place that has A/C for sleeping. I know I really want it at night because of the humidity. The sea will probably be more of a heat issue at night than in the jungle. I would suggest Chabil Mar in Placencia. It is about 100 yards away from Turtle Inn toward the Village. They do have the A/C and a beautiful honeymoon suite. As for the jungle portion, which, by the way, I think is a great combination Belize vacation, Blancaneaux is beautiful. You could check out Ka'ana if you feel you would want A/C out there, but Blancaneaux is terrific.

United States
Level Contributor
9,354 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: honeymoon in july-too hot and buggy?

I would say sleeping at night could be pretty tough. I can only speak to Jan. which was not really that hot but that humidity was really tough in the Cayo and ceiling fans did not help. Turtle Inn is really special at least in terms of atmosphere...wow it looked so interesting and so well south seas or arabian nights. If you opt for Turtle Inn unconditionally go for the front row of villas to get a sea breeze. It seemed like there were sort of two rows of villas and the ones in the back did not seem to get any significant breezes. We opted for Chabil Mar which was very nice and comfortable with a/c but more like many places you see in terms of decor. The two properties are really different and will appeal to different people. Read the reviews and see which seems more like you. We were there high season and the prices for Turtle Inn oceanfront villas with maximum breezes were just too much but maybe in summer they are more affordable. The service and amenities at Chabil Mar were wonderful and the honeymoon suite probably has really great oceanfront views and with the breeze/wind you might not even want a/c. When I really have questions I find reviews where they stayed during the month I am interested in and ask those people questions if they don't mention everything in the review. I find most people write the reviews and don't check the forums etc. so good way to get first hand knowledge. Good luck...it sounds like a great honeymoon. We did not have bug issues at all.

Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,292 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: honeymoon in july-too hot and buggy?

Both TI and BL are wonderful lodges. BL is in the Mtn Pine Ridge and in higher elevation and overnight temps a bit more comfortable. Our daily temps are not unsimiliar to those in the US same time of year. Nuisance bugs will of course depend on how much or little rain.I would book a cabana at TI with access to sea breezes, but they do have very effective ceiling fans

4. Re: honeymoon in july-too hot and buggy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 07, 2014