We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Placencia weather in January?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Placencia weather in January?

Hi everyone,

We are travelling to Placencia Dec 31 - Jan 7 and are wondering what we should expect weather-wise? Specifically, how much rain?

January is technically the end of rain season, but I am reading that we should still expect a 50% chance of moderate rain every day. Can anyone confirm how much rain we should expect? What is typical for January in Placencia?

Thanks!

London, England...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Placencia weather in January?

Hi,

I am also planning on visiting Belize at the end of January and interested to know what the weather/ sea are like?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
Caribbean
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Placencia weather in January?

January

Average daily highs of about 28° C.

Average overnight lows of about 20° C.

Average humidity about 75%.

Rain in January

For all of Belize, the average precipitation is about 100 mm. For Placencia, it's closer to 150 mm.

It doesn't rain every day and when it does rain, it seldom rains all day. Rainfall can be at any time, but often it is overnight rain, and the days are sunny & fine.

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,771 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Placencia weather in January?

Mister B has it right. It's in the 80's during the days and the 70's at nights. The rainy season is coming to a close. Most every day will have a lot of sun, and sometimes you'll have sun-showers. The rain won't stop you from doing anything you want to do. The rain is great because it keeps it cool.

Have a great time!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
434 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Placencia weather in January?

Good to know. I keep checking the long range forecast as we are also out in Placencia from 5 January and then in Ambergris for a week after that. It does look quite wet but things can change so quickly. Keeping our fingers crossed for sunshine as it is very dark, windy and pouring with rain in Edinburgh at the moment :(

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,118 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Placencia weather in January?

I have rarely seen a forecast for Belize that doesn't call for rain. It's the tropics, there's a chance of rain most days. However, as stated above it usually doesn't rain all day. A quick shower and the sun comes back out.

We're under a blizzard warning in the Midwest US. Supposed to get a foot of snow before it's over. I'd rather have rain......

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
6. Re: Placencia weather in January?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 22, 2013