We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to find seahorses in Placencia?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
51 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Where to find seahorses in Placencia?

Hola- I like the challenge of looking for seahorses when I snorkel. I have had some luck in Belize further north, but this is my first visit to Placencia, any recommendations?

Please note all I do is take a picture of them, not harming them in any way. I usually look for them in shallow water mangrove roots, and there seem to be a lot of mangroves in the area- but I think I need to be careful of crocs in some places?

Thanks,

Dave

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to find seahorses in Placencia?

The pilings for the public docks are usually a good spot, also under the dock/restaurant near the Vacation Paradise. The bet place to stay in Placencia is the Sea Spray (I have been taking groups to Belize for 22 years, and always stay at the Sea spray, when we're in Placencia).

www.bookbagsanta.com

2. Re: Where to find seahorses in Placencia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, December 16, 2013