We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay before our Moorings Charter?

Orlando, Florida
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay before our Moorings Charter?

We are chartering a boat from the Moorings in early April and was wondering what hotel would be the least expensive and most convenient. We are flying into Placencia and not planning on renting a car. Any info on pre and post chartering experience would be helpful. Thanks.

Placencia
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay before our Moorings Charter?

Miller's Landing is right near the Moorings and price is quite a bit less than neighboring resorts

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay before our Moorings Charter?

Mooring is at the marina at Laru Beya and a hop skip from where you will board your boat

Hudson, Iowa
Level Contributor
209 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay before our Moorings Charter?

I have the same question except we are going on a Tradewinds cruise, do they leave from the same marina? Thanks everyone for your help.

Orlando, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay before our Moorings Charter?

Thanks so much for your reply's. I will check out Miller's Landing. Unfortunately we are arriving Easter Weekend. I hope that doesnt prove to be too big of a problem as far as availability. I am so excited about our trip. I cant wait. Thanks again.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay before our Moorings Charter?

Book NOW if you are arriving at Easter, Placencia gets very busy at Easter as Belizeans love to spend the holiday there. Luv2fish, no the two places have different moorings.

Orlando, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay before our Moorings Charter?

Will do Belizequeen. Thanks.

Bonn, Germany
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay before our Moorings Charter?

We have stayed in Miller's landing, but after somebody had broken into our cabaNa and stolen all our valuables I will never go back there.

Oregon
Level Contributor
93 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay before our Moorings Charter?

I am surprised the charter boats leave from different spots. I imagined that Placencia is so small they were all in one spot. Do local experts know of lodging close to Sunsail charter dock/marina?

Houston, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay before our Moorings Charter?

Just came back from a week with the Moorings. The Moorings marina has been moved 1.3 miles south of Seine Bight and is located at the lagoon site.

My Recommendation:

If you have an extra day I recommend to stay at SeaySpray hotel in Placencia. It is located next to the supermarket which is open 7 days a week until 9pm. After a good night rest with a room on the beach you take a taxi to the Moorings. This way you are in the town the nigh before, find nice restaurants and bars and can shop for your supplies. We did not fly from Belize to Placecia but we took a Shuttle. It is cheaper then a flight and you cann see a lot of Belize during the 3 hour trip while zipping a beer.

Seaspray hotel: www.seasprayhotel.com

Discounted Belize Shuttles and Tours: pauldlanza@hotmail.com +501-624-5022

Oregon
Level Contributor
93 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay before our Moorings Charter?

Thanks Rob. I have already been looking at Sea Spray and the info about the grocery is great.