We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Stay

Hi! I am currently planning my honeymoon and am trying to decide between the Blancaneaux/Turtle Inn or the Chaa Creek Jungle Lodge/Victoria House. We want a jungle/beach combo vacation. Also we are going mid-September...how is the weather? Rain? And if anyone is from SF, what are flight prices normally like? Thanks so much!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay

Oh or should we do Chabil Mar/Lodge at Chaa Creek? So many beautiful options!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,508 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay

Check on line rates for AA, Continental, US Air, Delta and TACA. CC and BL are both great; CC is in tropical foliage and BL in a pine forest. TI is lovely, nice ambiance for the beach. VH is about the best on the beach. Weather should be pleasant in Sept, but it is hurricane season, so perhaps get travel insurance.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,770 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay

I'd choose Chabil Mar and Chaa Creek. It might rain a little during the day or night, but rarely does rain stop you from doing anything you want to do, unless there is, by random chance, a hurricane.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay

I just stayed at Mahogany Hall in Bullet Tree Village, and I think you would be hard put to find anywhere more beautiful and comfortable for a honeymoon, with a very friendly atmosphere too. Close to jungle activities of course.

Or how about Machaca - down in unspoilt Toledo. It is expensive, but it is drop dead gorgeous. Although I love Blancaneaux, Machaca has it beat for location and sheer elegance. Also much better food. The bird and animal watching is outstanding.

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Stay

We LOVED the Turtle Inn - so romantic! Have fun planning your trip.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to Stay

Thanks everyone, we decided to save Belize for another time and are going to honeymoon in Costa Rica!

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to Stay

Turtle Inn would be wonderful..,

…photobucket.com/albums/…PlacenciaBelize3.jpg

Can't go wrong with Belize, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, or Panama City, Panama.

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to Stay

Costa Rica is great too! Enjoy!

Hudson, Iowa
Level Contributor
209 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to Stay

If you are going to Manuel Antonio area in Costa Rica stay at Laposada, you will love it. We have been there the last 2 yrs, it is not fancy just comfortable and relaxing

10. Re: Where to Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 16, 2012