We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

roberts grove in placencia

Which Placencia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
roberts grove in placencia

We are going to stay at the Inn at Robert's Grove in April. Are there any local (cheap) places to eat close by? Can you rent a golf cart to get around?

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,870 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: roberts grove in placencia

Great choice, wonderful inn. You can rent a golf cart, bike, motor scooter, car or use RG's bikes for guests. There are a couple of inexpensive local restaurants just north of RG in Seine Bight Village, a short walk. Many more very good local restaurants in Placencia village, 6 miles south. RG has two restaurants on property and there's an Austrian restaurant close to RG. There are more than a few excellant restaurants on the peninsula and in the village. Enjoy

Edited: 7:34 pm, February 17, 2010
Milton, Delaware
Level Contributor
375 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: roberts grove in placencia

If you want variety of restaurant choices you will probably have to take a taxi and go to either Seine Bight (north) or Placencia, about 4 miles south of RG. In Placencia, try higher end - La Dolce Vita and French Connection. Cheaper - stop by Pickled Parrott, Secret Garden, Yolis, Paradise, Purple Space Monkey. Also check out the gillato at Tutti Frutti. (Not sure I spelled that right).

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: roberts grove in placencia

Also La Dolce Vita, above Wallen's, also Wendy's, and for a very traditional good cheap Belizean meal, I like Omar's, near the police station. And on the sidewalk near to Ranguana Lodge, there is a great Pizza place which for the life of me I can't remember the name of. You'll find it.

I should mention Maya Beach Bistro, yum yum, pricey but impeccable service and good food, the lunch menu is good value.

My personal favourite is French Connection, they have an early bird special from 5 to 6pm.

Iowa
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: roberts grove in placencia

Thanks for your advice on dining. Do you know if there are any 2 bedroom condos or houses within walking distance to The Inn at Robert's Grove?

Milton, Delaware
Level Contributor
375 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: roberts grove in placencia

Within walking distance to Robert's Grove or Village?

Within walking distance to Robert's Grove, you can get two bedroom condo at Laru Beya. Within walking distance to village, you can get two bedroom condo at Chabil Mar Villas.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,870 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: roberts grove in placencia

Very nice two bdrm house, look at vrbo, tagged Mediterranean style villa, walking distance to RG

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: roberts grove in placencia

Don't miss the restaurant at Miller's Landing, a short walk south of RG. Anne is a great cook and her seafood pizza is fabulous!

8. Re: roberts grove in placencia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 22, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Placencia