We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging accomadations

salem, va
2 posts
Save Topic
Lodging accomadations

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to bring my family (wife and daughters aged 17 and 12) to Belize in April. We plan on spending at least one night in the Caye Caulker area because we want to go to shark ray alley but plan to spend several days in Placencia. In Placencia we were planning on jaguar preserve, monkey river, cave tubing, etc. We also want to do a whale shark dive and a TBD dive. We want to do ruins also. Any suggestions for accomodations that consider both budget and security?

The Woodlands, Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging accomadations

I stayed at Cozy Corner and Ranguana cabanas, both close to the village, affordable, clean, quiet. All good! Cozy Corner had some nice sized suites upstairs, Ranguana had more romantic feel. Just make sure that you do the Cocksomb/Jaguar Preserve tour with DOYLE (book thru Nite Winds at the pier end of the sidewalk). Of all the many tours I've ever done, it's by FAR the best, and most fun I've ever had!!! The kids will love it too! (he's the only guide that does the rock slides--which make it!)

salem, va
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging accomadations

Hey Casie,

What other tours have you done and do you have any other recommendations or warnings as far as tour guides?

Get answers to your questions about Placencia