We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chabil Mar Villas - meal plan worth it?

Atlanta, Georgia
3 posts
Save Topic
Chabil Mar Villas - meal plan worth it?

I am getting married in late August and looking at honeymoons. Right now the places I like best are Galley Bay in Antigua or Chabil Mar in Belize. However, the Chabil Mar honeymoon package that includes meals is bit more pricey than Galley Bay, and I'm wondering if anyone had any thoughts about dining at Chabil Mar. Is it worth it for the meal plan? Or would we probably be eating off the resort grounds enough that it wouldn't be required?

Any thoughts at all are appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Antigua
Antigua
Sacatepequez Department, Guatemala
Chabil Mar
Chabil Mar
850 Reviews
Placencia, Belize
Belize
Belize
Central America
belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,373 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chabil Mar Villas - meal plan worth it?

I'm sure the food is fine there, but there are so many nice restaurants on the peninsula, it would be a shame to be tied down to one place and not get out and about, see other places and faces and dine at other better restaurants. Check Roberts Grove, who offer wedding packages with more freedom.

Mentioned in this post
Robert's Grove Beach Resort
Robert's Grove Beach...
819 Reviews
Placencia, Belize
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
62 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chabil Mar Villas - meal plan worth it?

Chabil Mar is a beautiful resort and has received excellent ratings from all who visit. I believe that there are also many honeymooners who have provided trip reports - one being Tim/Kat - on their fabulous experience at Chabil Mar.

That being said, I would not invest in the meal plan (or any meal plan while staying in Placencia), there are just too many good restaurants to experience.

Chabil Mar has the best location of all the high-end resorts on the peninsula. That affords easy access to the many great restaurants in the Village:

The French Connection, La Dolce Vita, Yolie's, De-Tatch and Wendy's just to name a few.

You will have a great time in Placencia - Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!

Mentioned in this post
Chabil Mar
Chabil Mar
850 Reviews
Placencia, Belize
Placencia
Placencia
Stann Creek, Belize
3. Re: Chabil Mar Villas - meal plan worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 23, 2009