We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit to Placencia

Saint Paul, MN
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First visit to Placencia

February was my first time to Belize and I couldn't wait to plan another trip. We did Ambergris Caye and now we're ready to check out Placencia this December! I'm looking for all the info I can about it.

How does it compare to San Pedro?

As for places to stay--where would you recommend? I'm looking for a place with a kitchenette. I'm not looking at spending a lot (around $100/night).

What restaurants can't you miss?

We're doing this trip the first week of December. Any other tips would be great! Thanks! - Becca

Mentioned in this post
Ambergris Caye
Ambergris Caye
Belize Cayes, Belize
Placencia
Placencia
Stann Creek, Belize
San Pedro
San Pedro
Ambergris Caye, Belize
jamesburg
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: First visit to Placencia

Becca this is my first time on this site and I see you have gotten very good advice. I own a cabin north of Monkey River and started a business with Percy Gordon of Monkey River. Check out our website WWW.Barebonestours.com we can reserve a tour for you with Percy before you arrive. As some people have said already he is the best! I would also recommend Tradewinds cabanas to stay . Have a great time and let me know if you would like to reserve a tour. CRAIG

12. Re: First visit to Placencia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, September 10, 2009