We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beachside hotel in Plancencia

Which Placencia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Best beachside hotel in Plancencia

Anyone have their opinion on what the best place on a nice beach in Plancencia would be. Preferably a cabana very very close to the water, hopefully on a beach not covered in sea grass. Any suggestions or info would be great. Thanks in advance.

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best beachside hotel in Plancencia

cozy corner hotel, coconut cottages, miramar hotel, tradewinds,, seaspray hotel...find on placencia.com

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best beachside hotel in Plancencia

westwind hotel, tradewinds, cozy corner, coconut cottages all on placencia.com. great places and affordable, unlike turtle inn, chabil mar.

Maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Best beachside hotel in Plancencia

The Inn at Robert's Grove is amazing! Great rooms, great staff, great restaurants, great beach with a pier, hammocks, plenty of lounge chairs and use of paddle boats, kayaks, and windsurfers at no charge. Not too much sea grass when I visited.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Best beachside hotel in Plancencia

My family just returned from Placencia and as always stayed at the Placencia Hotel and Residences. I have never stayed at a place that makes everyone feel like such royalty. The staff were truly awesome and did everything they could to make our stay the best ever. The services from David, our fabulous "limo" van driver and tour guide, to Walter who is the best gardener on the peninsula, to Tara at the front desk who fixed all of our many self-created problems with a smile, to Irwin "James Bond" and Nicolla who kept us from getting thirsty, to Emil that kept the largest pool in Belize crystal-clean and kept us smiling, to Anatonella that created fabulous goumet dishes, to Pappey, Tess, Santiago, Beatrice, Carlos,and so many others that my feeble mind just can not remember names for. and to all of the many hands that helped create this fabulous resort. Placencia is a place where many friends are made for a lifetime, and we feel very lcuky to have found it. We appreciate Marco and Michela so much for having the vision and stamina to persist in their dream and sharing it with so many people. All of you deserve standing ovations and so much more recognition than you have received for a job well done. Hope to see all of you soon and I would recommend place this resort at the top of their list for travel in Belize

Tennessee
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Best beachside hotel in Plancencia

We stayed at the Mariposa. Just three suites owned by lovely couple who live upstairs. Beautiful beach near airport and clean and neat. See if you can get in.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Best beachside hotel in Plancencia

You can't get much closer to the water than at Tradewinds .

Miss Janice that owns the place is great.

Not much you can do about the grass,

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Best beachside hotel in Plancencia

the best cabanas on the beach would the tradewinds, the best hotel on the beach is cozy corner, look on placencia.com for their rates and pictures. by the way they are in the village,close to everything.

California
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Best beachside hotel in Plancencia

Try Toucan Lulu beach units went there in july for 2 weeks and loved it. Nice for families or even couples. More private than most other places by the sidewalk. A few minutes walk from the bars and restaurants but far enough not to have lots of pedestrian or beach traffic. They have a nice clean piece of beach and nice cabanas/beach flats. Its more like a vacation rental with kitchenette and other stuff, comes in handy for the beers and coffee etc. I hardly cooked, like to be pampered when I am on vacation.

Placencia is very nice, not touristy at all, well I went in the off season but from what I was told when I went the village itself is trying to keep its culture and feel to it for laid back people like me. I miss Belize already. Rates are good for what they offer. Ask for vacation package or all inclusives you will save a bundle on your accommodation we saved almost 30% on our accommodation rates.

The best part of the place is their verandah and view of their beachfront. Its cool, several hammocks and all you need are a couple belikens and then life is very good.

19. Re: Best beachside hotel in Plancencia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, September 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Placencia