We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Placencia

Skippack...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Placencia

My fiance and I are getting married on September 21st of this year and have decided that we would love to spend our honeymoon in Placencia. We loved the Turtle Inn's website and found many great reviews from other travelers. However....our travel agent pointed out that the rooms are not air conditioned. We are not that picky...but does anyone think this will be a problem?

Also....any other suggestions for other resorts/B & B's/hotels in Placencia would be appreciated. Thanks!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,123 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Placencia

TI does not have ac but has good ceiling fans. Sept can be hot. Look atRoberts Grove, similiar quality and amaneties with ac and tv, also on the peninsula.

Skippack...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Placencia

Thanks Katievalk!

Any suggestions for fun things to do while we are there? There are alot of things listed on the roberts grove website....not sure which are the most fun. we like to hike, scuba, eat, shop...

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
679 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Placencia

I can reccommend the dive shop at Robert's Grove. We stayed at Green Parrot, and the RG van came and picked us up and dropped us back off, very friendly staff, very enjoyable diving through them ( we were a split group 5 divers, 6 snorkelers, I think)

We were fine without A/C in January. Air Conditioning seems sort of wrong down there- you will be roughing it a bit- rough roads, rain water is the drinking water, etc, so we didn't except or want a/c.

Milton, Delaware
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Placencia

I was in Placencia in January. I checked out both Turtle Inn and Roberts Grove. Turtle Inn was very nice but not cheap. I found the service to be slow. Roberts Grove was down further and on a dirt road, I was not impress with the resort. I stayed at Chabil Mar Villas. The advantages is that it closer to the village and on the paved road. The resort is beautiful and service there is attentive. I think you should check it out both their web site and reviews here.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
62 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Placencia

I agree - have stayed at Chabil Mar a couple times - resort is beautiful, great staff, food and very close to the village. Seems like it might be expensive - but when you get there you will understand how economical! - also still unfounded Have a wonderful honeymoon!!!!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Placencia

Isn't Chabil Mar twice the price of Robert's Grove ($200 vs. $400 per night)? I agree that Chabil Mar looks nicer (I'm going to Belize in May and have been doing lots of research), but is Chabil Mar really THAT much nicer?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
62 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Placencia

When researching rates look at the 2 bedroom oceanview unit for a direct comparison for Robert's Grove and Chabil Mar Villas. Also not sure if the 2 bedroom unit at Robert's Grove includes a fully equipped kitchen, living room, washer and dryer.

Also the location of Chabil Mar is much better - closer to the village. Robert's Grove is a beautiful place - just enjoyed Chabil Mar for all the reasons listed. Go to the Hotel Overview and I think you will get a better understanding of how great a place Chabil Mar is. Have a great trip!

Milton, Delaware
Level Contributor
375 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon in Placencia

Chabil Mar Villas is closest upscale to village. You can walk, bike or golf cart. All accomodations are suites, not just hotel rooms, so very different than Turtle Inn.

They currently are offering a special too!, for bookings from May 1 through November.

They offer one bedroom/one bath accomodation with full kitchen A/C, TV and DVD (in case you get a rainy day) and wireless internet.

Very upscale, very new, private and exclusive. Check out the reviews.

NJ
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon in Placencia

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Ranguana Lodge and LOVED it!! They have beachfont and garden view cabanas that are RIGHT on the beach, and it is in town but not in a loud area. We stayed in a beachfront cabana, which had AC, a really comfortable bed, fridge, microwave, coffee maker (the provide coffee grinds and sugar). Definately make a reservation, and be sure to specify beachfront cabana. I walked aroudn town to check all the places out, and i assure you that you will not be dissapointed.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon in Placencia

Hi!

My husband and I are also planning on staying at The Turtle Inn for our honeymoon this August (a year later...)--did you have any trouble contacting the Inn? I have been trying the 800 number, and not getting any answer.

Any tips would be great!

Thanks!