We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Ignacio Resort Hotel or Table Rock Lodge

Orange Park, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
San Ignacio Resort Hotel or Table Rock Lodge

I like the lodge but my girlfriend likes the idea of a hotel in town. We would like to get to know the city a little but we do plan on doing tours every day with Belize Nature Tours. Open to any opinions or alternative suggestions.

Thanks

MayaWalk Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Caverns & Caves, Archaeology Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Eco Tours
St Leonard's Tours
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Archaeology Tours, Horseback Riding Tours
San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
87 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Ignacio Resort Hotel or Table Rock Lodge

I would recommend that you go with San Ignacio Resort Hotel. It is right in town and everything is so convenient to get around (especially when you would like to explore the town a bit). The service is excellent and the rooms are great. There is also a medicinal trail and iguana tour on site at the San Ignacio Resort Hotel. It is really interesting! I totally recommend it!

There are also other interesting tours that you can book at the hotel. I believe the staff would be more than happy to help you as they did when I was there during my stay.

Have fun! :)

Edited: 4:08 pm, November 01, 2012
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,882 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Ignacio Resort Hotel or Table Rock Lodge

I know next to nothing about Table Rock Lodge, so can't comment on it. We stayed at San Ignacio Resort Hotel a few years ago. I think it's been renovated since. It was fine then, but, we decided, if we were to return that we would either stay at a 'true' jungle lodge, or we would stay at one of the little places right in the heart of town.

The hill to San Ignacio Hotel is steep, after walking it a few times, we were darn tired of it. And, we're walkers...we walk at least four miles a day at home.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: San Ignacio Resort Hotel or Table Rock Lodge

We stayed out at Black Rock Lodge (had our own rental car), and we enjoyed San Ignacio in the evening almost every day. If we didn't drive to the various sights, we went with tour guides and met them in town. Amazingly, every day we were done sight seeing, we found ourselves in town right around happy hour! We enjoyed a few bevereages, grabbed a bite to eat, and then made our way back to Black Rock for a few more "nightcaps" before retiring to our bungalow/room. We really didn't think we missed much not staying in town. Enjoy!!

Huntsville, Utah
Level Contributor
189 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Ignacio Resort Hotel or Table Rock Lodge

Stayed at Table Rock last week and loved it. A true jungle experience. We had a rental car and didn't mind the 15-20 minute drive into town to check out local restaurants. The tours we did came out and picked us up.

Orange Park, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Ignacio Resort Hotel or Table Rock Lodge

Thanks everyone! Great information.

6. Re: San Ignacio Resort Hotel or Table Rock Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 21, 2013