We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caracol or Tikal

10 posts
Save Topic
Caracol or Tikal

My wife and I are planning a single day for ruin exploring and have been doing a lot of reading about Tikal and Caracol. They both sound great but I am looking for advice and opinions on advantages and disadvantages between the two. We will be staying in San Ignacio the night before and the night of our ruin trip.

I understand that the road to Caracol is rough and about a two hour drive. How does that compare to travel to Tikal? Are there things to see/do along the way for either destination and would there generally be time to stop?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Caracol or Tikal

We did Tikal with Pacz and ATM with Mayawalk and have no regrets. Both operators were excellent. We found the guides to be knowledgeable and entertaining. The companies were prompt, professional and reasonably priced.

Caracol is high on the list but have not been yet. Belize is an amazing country. Can't wait to go back next year.

12. Re: Caracol or Tikal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, May 13, 2013