We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chechem Ha Cave - prices? reservations?

Calgary
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Chechem Ha Cave - prices? reservations?

Hello all,

I've been reading about the Chechem Ha Cave, just outside of San Ignacio. So far I've discovered that the tours are run by the man who found the cave, and that's about all I can find out.

Does anyone know if you need to reserve for a tour or just show up?

Any idea what the rough cost might be?

Thanks!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,959 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Chechem Ha Cave - prices? reservations?

The site I listed above is for Gonzalo, Williams brother. I remember when they first found the cave. Those days the only way to get there was from Negroman on foot or mule for the hike along the Macal river and up the steep hill. The artifacts that were in the cave when they found it were incredible and many now in the Museum of Belize in Belize City and vault in Belmopan, but still many items remain that are remarkable and a lovely place to visit, have lunch, explore. You can spend the night. They have basic cabanas there for overnight. I spent a night in the cave once as well, way back when.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Chechem Ha Cave - prices? reservations?

When we take student groups to Chechem Ha, we camp there in the main site. It's a fun night for all. Don't be afraid to camp there overnight if you want to experience a night in the jungle. Gonzo at River Rat is great.

Edited: 6:41 pm, February 01, 2012
13. Re: Chechem Ha Cave - prices? reservations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, May 22, 2013