We're thinking of spending approx 4-5 nights in San Ignacio, including 1 night in Tikal, and approx 4 nights in Ambergris Caye.
Each ruin sounds unique and interesting in its own way so I'm having a hard time keeping the list small. Would it be too much to fit in:
- Xunantunich (1/2 day tour, w/ second half as Barton Creek Caves)
- Caracol (full day tour as I understand it)
- Yaxha+Tikal (overnight trip)
- Lamanai tour (full day from Ambergris Caye)
- Cahal Pech (our hotel will probably be fairly close to there anyway)
Should I take anything off the list? Which ones should we get guides for and which could we do by ourselves? I'm not sure if we'll have a rental car or not, so we may still have to find transportation one way or another.
Just FYI, Our other activities may include: San Ignacio markets 1 morning, ATM cave tour (or is Barton too similar?), Belize Zoo on the way from SI to AC, Snorkeling. Are there any good spots to go casual canoeing on Ambergris Caye?