We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't use Patrick Warrior as a Guide

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Don't use Patrick Warrior as a Guide

He totally screwed me over. We spent quite a while talking about what I was interested in, which was mountain pine ridge, rapelling (most of all), and seeing monkeys. He took me on a 6 mile walk through the village he lived in and a 20 minute float down the river. Once the float was over he took me to his childhood friend's house where they talked in Creole most of the time. He charged me $85 for that BS. What a joke!!!!! I didn't do anything I wanted and ended up wasting the day and wasting my money. Don't go with him!!!!

Belize
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't use Patrick Warrior as a Guide

Rappelling alone costs over US$100 per person, based on at least 2 persons - but it sounds like you were traveling solo. The Mountain Pine Ridge area is a good 2 hour drive from the rappel area. And monkeys do not generally inhabit the pine ridge. At US$85pp, you pretty much got what you paid for. Did you contact any other guides for prices?

santa elena cayo...
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't use Patrick Warrior as a Guide

That is strange Patrichk is a good guide with a good reputation.

Belize
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Don't use Patrick Warrior as a Guide

Totally agreed Katz40 - thats my point... to say "dont use him as a guide" is a very unfair post.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Don't use Patrick Warrior as a Guide

This is kind of unfair. While I understand you had a bad experience with Patrick, I also know you were already unhappy with your stay in Cayo, didn't like your hotel which you were the only guest at during low season, etc. It sounded to me like Patrick was the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back." He is actually quite a good guide and gets excellent reviews 99% of the time.

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Don't use Patrick Warrior as a Guide

I must say that my son and I went on a tour led by Patrick, and was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I would recommend him without hesitation.

Level Contributor
1 post
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Don't use Patrick Warrior as a Guide

I have known Patrick for over 20 years and I have to say that Patrick is probably the best guide there is in Belize. My husband and I recently did the ATM cave tour and Patrick did an excellent job.

Sorry about your experience but there must have been some misunderstanding

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Don't use Patrick Warrior as a Guide

Warrior is highly qualified too. He might be a little eccentric at times, but he is a great guide. I've had friends do ATM with him lately, and they had only wonderful things to say.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
224 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Don't use Patrick Warrior as a Guide

All of our guests also report back that Patrick is a very good, and knowledgeable guide. Never one complaint, and he has done many tours for us, and I always ask guests how their tour went.

Calgary, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Don't use Patrick Warrior as a Guide

I first met Patrick over 12 years ago and as we were 2 females travelling alone and going into the "jungle" with Patrick I asked him if he could take us around so that some folks can vouch for him. We met several interesting older ladies who convinced us that they would "beat him up" if he ever got out of hand. I eventually purchased property in Bullet Tree Village and I can vouch for Patrick's knowledge and ability to give you tours and experiences beyond your expectations. I have stayed in contact with Patrick throughout the years. He is a great guide and it is unfair for some of the negative posts he is subjected to. I wonder if these folks were happy with their overall experience in Belize?

-Brenda-

10. Re: Don't use Patrick Warrior as a Guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Ignacio