We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I think I've looked at too many hotel reviews...

Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
I think I've looked at too many hotel reviews...

My boyfriend and I will be in San Ignacio at the end of November. We considered staying at Table Rock Lodge but I think this will put us over budget. I think my brain is now overloaded with all of the reviews I've read, haha.

Our key ideas are:

- we're not renting a car but would like to visit the village at some point (we don't want to stay in town though)

- we will probably do one or two excursions (ATM caves etc)

- would like to take advantage of free tubing, canoeing, hiking if possible (we like adventure).

- would like food to try Belizean food if possible and the bf likes beer :)

I've narrowed it to: Moonracer, Macaw Bank Lodge, Black Rock (too far?), Five Sisters.

We're open to other ideas. Any help appreciated!

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: I think I've looked at too many hotel reviews...

I have friends that live on AC who go do Caves branch occasionally for a get away and they absolutely love it.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: I think I've looked at too many hotel reviews...

We stayed at Caves Branch in 2003 and loved it. In 2009 we stopped by to pick up my brother-in-law's family (parents + 3 teen boys) and had a look around. They've gone pretty plush since we were there - the b-i-l's family stayed in a room with curtains and upholstered furniture and there's a pool now; when we stayed there it was more rustic and jungly which was part of what we liked. The adventures are AMAZING and the setting really beautiful. We loved the guides and the way they did the meals (though they're crazy expensive). We had planned to camp but rains the week before had wiped out the campground so they gave us a cabaña for the campground price - sweet!

Check out their Black Hole Drop and the Waterfall Caves Trip if you love adventure. Happy trails!

13. Re: I think I've looked at too many hotel reviews...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 21, 2012