We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle from San Ignacio to Cancun (Airport) February 15th

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Heidelberg, Germany
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle from San Ignacio to Cancun (Airport) February 15th

Hello together,

I want to stay in San Ignacio for some days till February 15th.

My flight will leave on February 16th at Cancun Airport at 8 am.

Now I'm looking for the fastest Transfer to Cancun Airport on February 15th oder 16th.

Who is offering a shuttle in San Ignacio? (Transfer Agencies, Hotels, etc)

Or is there anybody who would like to share a shuttle?

Greets

Inele

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,070 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle from San Ignacio to Cancun (Airport) February 15th

Here are some of the transfer services (you'll have to contact them for prices):

a) Belize VIP Transfer Service: http://www.belizetransfers.com

b) George & Esther Moralez Travel Service:

http://www.gettransfers.com

c) William’s Belize Shuttle: www.parrot-nest.com/belize_shuttle.html

d) Belize Shuttles and Transfers:

http://www.belizeshuttlesandtransfers.com/

e) Gibson’s Tours and Transfers:

www.gibsonstoursandtransfers.com/index.html

f) ABC Shuttle (see details on the BelizeBus site)

For an 8am departure from Cancun, you will probably be required to be at the airport at 5 or 6am. That mean you would have to leave San Ignacio at 7 or 8 pm on the previous night (15 Feb).

Might be better to travel to either Cancun the night before and stay in a hotel.

Also check the BelizeBus site for more information:

http://belizebus.wordpress.com/

Edited: 10:20 am, January 06, 2011
Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,070 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle from San Ignacio to Cancun (Airport) February 15th

"Might be better to travel to either Cancun the night before and stay in a hotel."

That should read...

Might be better to travel to Cancun the day before and stay in a hotel.

I was going to suggest staying in either Cancun or Playa, but I don't think the airport shuttles from Playa start running until about 9am, so Cancun city would be closer.

Edited: 10:24 am, January 06, 2011
San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle from San Ignacio to Cancun (Airport) February 15th

Since you have such an early flight out of Cancun, and you should be there 2 or more hours before hand, you might look at taking the last flight out of BC to Cancun on the 15th, and either hang around the airport until you can check in, or get a cheap room right by the airport for a few hours of sleep.

Belize
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle from San Ignacio to Cancun (Airport) February 15th

My husband just flew out of Cancun in the beginning of December, and he says there is a 4:45 bus from Playa to the Cancun Airport which gets you there by about 5:30am. So staying in Playa the night before is an option.

If you travel the day before, he recommends taking an express bus from San Ignacio to Belize City, and then you can either take another Belize bus to Chetumal, or go to the water taxi terminal and get a Linea Dorada bus to Chetumal, then an ADO bus from Chetumal to Playa. Much less expensive than a transfer.

colorado
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle from San Ignacio to Cancun (Airport) February 15th

i think you will find any sort of shuttle service to do that to be completely cost-prohibitive. i'd also recommend either taking a bus to belize city and staying the night (though do your research as to good places to stay) or expecting a very long day of busing to get to playa del carmen, and then take the 45 minute bus to the airport in the morning. keep in mind that it is possible that the bus station you would arrive in playa may be different than the bus station you leave from to go to the airport - check with the people there.

i speak from experience only because i ended up having to do buses from san ignacio to cancun the day before yesterday. belize buses are very cheap but unless you time it right and get express buses, expect a long journey.

another possibility is to get to belmopan and then fly to corozal resulting in a bus from corozal to cancun (with a bus change in chetumal). might save you a little time though costs more.

Heidelberg, Germany
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle from San Ignacio to Cancun (Airport) February 15th

Thank you very much for your helpfull answers!!! :-)

I think I will choose the Belize City - > Playa Option

7. Re: Shuttle from San Ignacio to Cancun (Airport) February 15th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 23, 2012