We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

duPlooy Travel

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Ignacio, Belize
2 posts
Save Topic
duPlooy Travel

Dr. Feelawesome, your saying "HaHa'" has encouraged me to write if only to prove that I am not to old to post on forums or tell everybody on facebook what I'm having for dinner - it's no macaroni and cheese.

By the way, duPlooy's Jungle Lodge does great vegan food. We also have meals for normal people.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: duPlooy Travel

Judy thanks for posting that you do vegan food. Had someone recently asking about Resort / restaurant vegetarian options in Belize.

Belize
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: duPlooy Travel

Hi Taco Girl,

We also wanted to let you know that Table Rock Jungle Lodge does fabulous vegetarian, vegan, and special diet meals (gluten-free, diabetic, allergy restrictions), and we pride ourselves on catering to our guests specific palates. Hope this helps!

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: duPlooy Travel

You say you have meals for "normal people." If I'm ABSOLUTELY normal, or abnormal as the other doctors say, but love meat, can you accommodate me?

San Ignacio, Belize
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: duPlooy Travel

Dr. FA, We have some great meat dishes, but do admit to not serving beef. beef because we're concerned about your health. Our lamb burgers (from local organic lambs) are the best and our prices are the best. Good drinks too. Organic eggs, hormone free-chicken , local veges, olive oil for cooking and some of the yummiest desserts around. Fruits in season from Belize Botanic Gardens. There's even a vegan chocolate cake, tiramisu, cheese cake - umm!

By the way, our state of the art solar system will be up and running by the end of this month. Full solar power with 24/7 lights and fans. And no noise. Only jungle sounds and sighs of contentment from our well-fed, happy guests.

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: duPlooy Travel

Quote: "There's even a vegan chocolate cake"

----------------------------------

Texas may be beef country, but even here our chocolate cakes are meat free.

6. Re: duPlooy Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 07, 2011