We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Ignacio hotels with A/C

Internet
2 posts
Save Topic
San Ignacio hotels with A/C

My husband and I are pretty heat sensitive people, so we really want to find a place with AC for late march. We are probably going to book a room at the San Ignacio Resort Hotel, but are there other good options with A/C? Thanks.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Ignacio hotels with A/C

SIRH is a great choice. Look at Cahal Pech for less $ or Kaana, a few miles outside of town, for more $.

San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Ignacio hotels with A/C

Stick to San Ignacio Resort, a very nice place with great staff and close to town! Central for all tours in that area.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Ignacio hotels with A/C

I'd recommend Cahal Pech since their view alone beats out all the other in town hotels. Plus, they have 3 nice pools and a jacuzzi, which all overlook, from a high altitude, the town of San Ignacio. While SIRH is a klick closer to downtown, no matter where you stay in Cayo, the tour companies should pick you up for free. At least Pacz tours does, and they are the best tour company, by far.

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Ignacio hotels with A/C

DrFeelAwesome. have you stayed at the Cahal Pech?

I like the idea of one of their cabanas rather than a room. What do you think?

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Ignacio hotels with A/C

I have stayed there. I liked their cabanas, yes. The rooms were ok, but the set apart cabanas were better. I've been reading lately that their beds have gone downhill - hit or miss on whether or not it's comfortable...

But still, the view is the best around, and it's in a good spot, and the 3 pools are great. If the jacuzzi is working, even better!

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Ignacio hotels with A/C

Thanks! I'm booking a cabana for April as we speak.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: San Ignacio hotels with A/C

Awesome! If you'll be in Cayo for a while, check out the Best of Cayo site, you can see the best restaurants around, by category. Ko Ox Han nah is the best all around food we have here. Amore Mio is the best Italian in the country. Serendib has the best service, and great Sri Lankan food. http://www.bestofcayo.com Hope it helps.

san Ignacio
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: San Ignacio hotels with A/C

A/Cs are really east to find. It really depends on the amount of money you want to spend. You can find rooms with a/c anywhere from maybe 80bz to up in the hundreds of dollars us.

Florida, USA
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: San Ignacio hotels with A/C

By all means check out Cahal Pech Village resort. Clean if Spartan rooms with A/C. Very good restaurant with a German chef. Excellent staff.

The Cahal Pech arcaeological site is great and right around the corner. It's a short walk into San Ignacio, a small town with friendly people. And book your tours at the operators in town to see the other archaeological sites.

Check our Caracol and Xunantunich(very nearby). And the highlight of my trip was a day trip into Guatemala to see Tikal.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
93 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: San Ignacio hotels with A/C

Cahal Pech is OK but it is not even close to the level of SIRH. We stayed at Cahal Pech a little over a week ago and were very disappointed in the hotel. I would say it is comprobable to a Motel 6 or old Super 8 on the US. We wish we would have stayed at SIRH. The beds at Cahal Pech were also really bad, probably older than me (I am 30)