We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving times- Chaa creek vs Blancaneaux

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Driving times- Chaa creek vs Blancaneaux

Hello!! Everyone was SO helpful answering my questions before that I thought I would post again- we are trying to decide between Chaa Creek and Blancaneaux for our trip and I was told that the driveway alone to BL is a 45 minute drive. We would be interested in leaving the property to see Caracol maybe the ATM caves and perhaps do the Big Rock falls hike, maybe some other horesback riding/hiking. In terms of travel times- where are Chaa Creek and Blanacaneaux relative to the different tours and also the driving time to the airport? I really dont seem to be able to find Chaa Creek's location on any map but if there is a significant difference that would help us make our decision.....thanks again (and again) for all your help everyone!

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
4,288 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving times- Chaa creek vs Blancaneaux

I don't know the drive times, but here's a map showing the locations of Chaa Creek and Blancaneaux moon.com/files/map-images/bel_04_The-Mountai…

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving times- Chaa creek vs Blancaneaux

Thank you! I have been looking for something like that- interesting to see how all the roads are laid out- I realize that just a few miles on bad roads can take a longgggg time. I hope others find this map helpful too- thanks

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving times- Chaa creek vs Blancaneaux

CC is 2 hrs from Intl; BL 2.5 hrs. BL is closer to Caracol and Big Rock Falls. I think same travel time from both for ATM cave, just more bad road to travel on to get to and from BL. CC is off the Benque Road, just before Xunantunich site, about 10 mins from SI town.

Edited: 5:45 pm, November 30, 2009
Belize
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving times- Chaa creek vs Blancaneaux

Blancaneaux would be your better travel property. Much closer to Caracol and just a few minutes to Big Rock Falls, ATM is however further from Blancaneaux than Chaa Creek by about 10-15 mins. Drive time from Airport is about 30 mins shorter to Chaa Creek

5. Re: Driving times- Chaa creek vs Blancaneaux

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 25, 2010