We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best location for a number of tours

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best location for a number of tours

I am having a hard time figuring out the location of hotels relative to tours. I am interested in doing the ATM tour, also Caracol or Tikal. I am flexible on the hotels. Initially looked at Hidden Valley, but now think it may be too remote. Also considering Ka ana, although the price difference is quite steep. Which hotel is closer to the tours and activities? I don't necessarily want to spend a lot of the vacation traveling from the hotel to the sites. What do you think?

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,834 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best location for a number of tours

HVI, Blancaneaux and Five Sisters are in the Mtn Pine Ridge and closest to Caracol. Pooks Hill is closest to ATM. Chaa Creek, duPlooys and black Rock are closer to Tikal. You can do all these trips from any of these places.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best location for a number of tours

Thank you, this helps. Do you know were Ka'ana boutique hotel is in connection to the sites I am interested in?

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
3,279 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best location for a number of tours

Hello lawyergirl

Check out this map. Hope it helps.

kaanabelize.com/Portals/…Map_cayo-lg.jpg

Belize
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best location for a number of tours

Kaana may be the best suited for those three tours. It just out of San Ignacio and closest to Tikal of most of the others. No off road to get out to get to the tours like places such as Chaa Creek, Hidden Valley, Blancaneaux, Black Rock extra. The furthest tour would be the Caracol tour and hour longer than if you were at Hidden Valley. But at Hidden Valley the other two tours will be an hour longer to get to.

San Ignacio Resort Hotel is also nice with a little less price than HVI but you may find it not to be as Jungle or inland as the others. Its more hotel than eco resort setting but nice anyway.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best location for a number of tours

For every tour you mentioned, the location of the hotel won't make any difference, unless it's located in MPR. For ATM you will be picked up since you can't drive there on your own. Probably the same for Tikal, since you won't want to drive there. Caracol is the one place I would recommend driving to though.

Ka'ana is very nice, but it's so close to the dump that you can smell the burning trash and plastic sometimes - that's its major downfall. Chaa Creek is Awesome! If you'll be around Cayo for a while, check out the Best of Cayo site at http://www.bestofcayo.com Be sure and try out Hannah's, they have some great food.

Enjoy!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best location for a number of tours

Thank you all for your advise and all your help. We are all set and will be visiting San Ignacio in the Fall.

7. Re: Best location for a number of tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 07, 2010
Get answers to your questions about San Ignacio