We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car transfer to San Ignacio

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Topic
car transfer to San Ignacio

Hi everyone,

We will be traveling from San Pedro to San Ignacio. Planning to fly to Belize Municipal Airport then arrange a car transfer.

Anyone ever used MayaWalk for car transfer only? They are $55 pp to Chaa Creek, just a tiny bit cheaper then Chaa Creek's hotel transfer which is $135. Since we are only 2 people..anyone has any recommendation on car transfer or company?

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car transfer to San Ignacio

They charge that much! I thought somehow they did that for 2 people. No, I wouldn't use them at that price. I'd highly recommend using William's Belize Shuttle. I've used him to go to Placencia, and have referred many friends to him. They've all thanked me!

His web address is:

http://www.parrot-nest.com/belizeshuttle/

Since the price of gas went down by half - no joke - all the other guys...wait for it..wait for it...RAISED their prices. William has the nicest van around; quite comfortable, and it's around $85us to $90us total now.

Here's the tripadvisor and bf posts about William. Great driver, great prices.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g291959-i1455-k265…

belizeforum.com/belize/ubbthreads.php…

And here's a funny blog, with William recommended:

…blogspot.com/2008/09/9-08-08-evening-from-h…

Have a great trip!

reno, nv
Level Contributor
103 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car transfer to San Ignacio

We used William for transfers between SI and the BC Ferry Terminal and then SI to BZE. He is very reliable. Book ahead because he is busy.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: car transfer to San Ignacio

thank you so much! I'll email him now!

4. Re: car transfer to San Ignacio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, October 23, 2009